Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cucupuffs Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 03:25 PM
    Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks?
    How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is trying to take care of my 2 babies and her mother with no income because we have no daycare or anything.. can you please tell me how to go about applying for ssi checks for my 2 babies.. thank u...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 03:29 PM

Have you talked to the case worker who handles your SSI account about this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do children receive SSI benefits for a disabled parent? [ 29 Answers ]

Do children that have a disabled parent that receives SSI benefits only receive a check themselves if they are under 18 years old? I have heard that if the parent was under a certain poverty level that the children would receive a check also. Is there any truth to this?

Ssi can my wife and children collect beniifts too [ 1 Answers ]

Hi and thank you in advance I am on SSI I have a wife and 2 children 4yrs and 9months the amount I get does not even come close to even our part of the rent is there a way my wife and children can get help I need my wife home to help me I not doing so good could hardley walk and I have tereets plus...

My wife is disabled and on SSI-how would 401K withdraws impact her rate? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is on Social Security and has been since 2001. At the time that she left her employer she had a loan of about $15,000 from her employer. The following year they just deducted it from her 401K account and never gave her the opportunity to repay it. Because of all her health problems she...

Disabled and canceling my SSI [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am disabled and unable to work. In fact when I turned 18 I signed up for SSI. I am 28 now. Today I got papers stating they were canceling my SSI because I did not come into a appointment that was made and choose a program. The problem with this was I did not know of any...

How to get child support for children of a parent on ssi [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know what do I do if my two kids father draws ssi?the ? Is how do I get help for my kids? Do I need to apply for ssi for the both? He doesn't have to pay but should I have to do it on my own?

View more questions Search