Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 02:48 PM
    Cpvc cement spills on linoleum floor how do you clean off
    Spilled the cpvc cement on linoleum floor and it is dry, is there anything we can use to clean it off the floor
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

Jan 9, 2010, 03:03 PM

Probably not. CPVC cement welds the pieces together by softening them, then flashes off. Thus, the cement has softened the linoleum and bonded to it. If you do get any of the cement off, it will probably take at least the surface layer(s) of the linoleum with it. By the way---I ruined our kitchen floor when I was a kid by doing this with liquid model cement!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cpvc cement [ 3 Answers ]

What is the cure time for cpvc cement

Replacing Linoleum over badly laid cement. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys :) As some of you know my partner and I purchased our first home over a month ago. There was the most revolting colored lino in the laundry that you have ever seen. We want to replace it. Only problem is, the laundry is actually an added extension to the house that the previous...

CPVC cement on PVC [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use CPVC cement on PCV pipe?

CPVC primer and cement [ 2 Answers ]

I just had an inspection completed and was told that my CPVC joints for my water lines inside the house were not to code. I used Oakly primer (purple in color) and Oakly cement that was rated for CPVC and PVC. I was told that the purple primer was not rated for drinking water supply lines and the...

Cpvc cement [ 6 Answers ]

I recently plumbed my first house using cpvc supply and when I started on the drain lines I realized that I had used pvc cement instead of cpvc cement on all the supply lines. Will the cement I used hold up or am I going to have to take it all out and redo it.

View more questions Search