Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cguenther10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
    Is the outside fan supposed to spin on a central heat and air unit when heating?
    The aire compressor is not spinning with the heat on. Is this normal?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 11:34 AM

Yes, this is normal. If this is a split system then it definitely should not be spinning the fan blade on the outside unit. The outside unit is for the air conditioning and has nothing to do with the heating system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central heating unit blowing out cool air [ 1 Answers ]

Trane central heating unit blowing out cool air. What could the problem be and what should I check?

Old rudd central heating and air unit [ 3 Answers ]

I have al old rudd heating and air unit which I need to wire. How do I find a schematic or find the easiest way to wire it. I can get the inside fan to turn on but with the heater coils running. It won't turn on to just fan.Outside by pushing down on the 3 what trip I can activate the fan and...

Central Heating Unit blows cold air [ 1 Answers ]

My central heating unit comes on but blows cold air. Thought it could be the thermostat but the air conditioner comes on just fine? Any idea what could be wrong with it?

Central Air Humming but fan does not spin [ 1 Answers ]

My central air unit outside humms continuously like something is going to happen but the fan does not turn at all. The inside fan from my furnace is blowing cool air but not the cold air you would expect from the AC. I flipped the breaker off/on on the inside fuse box and on the outside switch...

View more questions Search