Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calmei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 08:40 PM
    Can a non custodial parent ask for a decrease in child support
    Can a non custodial parent ask for a decrease in child support?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 09:10 PM

Of course, but there will need to be a good reason for the judge to modify the order. You can ask for anything it just might not happen. We will really need to know more about your situation to give you a better answer and your state too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 09:28 AM

Yes, it happens all the time, if things change in the earnings of either or both parents, they can ask for it to be modified
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 10:41 AM

When was the last time your support was adjusted? Also what are the circumstances for a new adjustment ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop child support from the non custodial parent I no longer want it [ 2 Answers ]

I no long need child support from the noncustodial parent how do I stop it in Arkansas

Getting child support form non custodial parent [ 7 Answers ]

I have had an open case in Claifornia for a few years now. I was awarded $284 a month and have not reaceived a penny. The non custodial parent has a job but no proof and then tells the system he has no job at all. The outcome of not paying support is so far... suspension of license, bad credit, and...

Child support issue-Child no longer with custodial parent [ 22 Answers ]

My child is 18 yrs old and is no longer living with her mother.I am paying child support in New Hampshire and have recently learned through a subpoena that my daughter is living in New York state. Can child support charge me in 2 states on the same child? What steps can I take to have the child...

Child support/custodial parent moves in with boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I just got ordered by court to pay $200 a week in child support for my one daughter. Now I find out from my 9 year old daughter that her mommy's boyfriend has been living with them and now are moving into other house. He is paying for everything. My question is can my child support be...

View more questions Search