Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowboyfan024 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 04:29 PM
    My heat pump runs for days at a time during very cold weather, is this normal?
    My heat pump runs constantly for days at a time during very cold weather. Is this normal? And 75-80% of the time it is blowing cool air after blowing hot air and warming up the rooms very nicely. But then the cool air kills all the warm air, need help here.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 04:30 PM
    No,, not normal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump and cold weather [ 18 Answers ]

I have a couple of questions about a heat pump. I guess I need to do a little explaining first. I have an American Standard air exchanger heat pump with electrical resistance backup. The system has the original mechanical thermostat with separate contacts for the compressor and for the...

Heat pumps in cold weather [ 2 Answers ]

I just want to know at what level should a rheem heat pump be caple of heating a house down to. It won't get past 30 and I have done countless things to it. Its 3 years old and has never done what I was told it should do. I was told to around 0 and its not even close to that. I put commercial grade...

Heat Pump Runs - Blower stops after 2 days [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I purchased a home 5 years ago. The heat pump outside quit and we replaced it with a new one. The outside pump is a 4 ton unit - the blower unit is also a 4 ton unit. We are now having an issue when the heat pump comes on (Air conditioning) the blower unit in the house comes on and...

Heat pump , in cooling cyce unit runs no cold air [ 1 Answers ]

1970's heat pump Heil runs in cooling cycle, compressor intermediately runs for approximently 2 seconds, every 30 to 45 seconds, no cold air, all information wirering schematics serial numbers unreadablle or missing, charging ports and service valves was not visiable from service panells, my...

Electric heat pump in cold weather [ 3 Answers ]

This may have been asked before, if so sorry, but I need answers anyway. We recently bought a house with an electric heat pump. On cold nights, it runs and runs without getting up to temp, set at 65, which doesn't seem very energy efficient, plus is very annoying. I have to get up and manually...

View more questions Search