Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 04:18 PM
    Full body scanners.
    Well, it looks like not just the USA is going to get the newflangled body scanners, but the entire world is going to get this baloney whether we want it or not.

I find it most intersting that these full body scanners were ordered months ago. I find it most interesting that Chertoff (of all people) is going to profit from these scanners.

Will wonders ever cease?

I don't feel that full body scanners will do anything except make rich people get richer and the folks subjected to being screened getting sick from the exposure that won't show up for months or years. There have been too many instances where the "diplomats" get to completely skirt around any kind of airport security checks. And don't forget all the other "important" people that get to skirt around airport security.

It's a crock. The cost of these full body scanners will be palmed off onto every traveler with higher air fares. And air travel will not be any safer with the utilization of them either. It's just another deterent to having folks fly to their destinations.

Just wait. Next year we'll have to give a very valid reason for even wanting to fly on an airplane. "I want to go see my grandma" is not going to be a good enough reason to be "allowed" to fly. Skip the no fly lists. Soon it will be "you've got to have a good reason to want to fly anywhere" list.

Get ready to give up more of your freedoms everyone. It's coming to an airport near you.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 06:23 PM

I'll fly El Al.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 07:01 PM
    I wonder if this will reduce tourism to the USA.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 07:04 PM

Hello twink:

We can fix the whole thing by making people wear their underwear outside their pants when they fly.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2010, 04:01 AM
    It's a crock. The cost of these full body scanners will be palmed off onto every traveler with higher air fares. And air travel will not be any safer with the utilization of them either. It's just another deterent to having folks fly to their destinations.

Just wait. Next year we'll have to give a very valid reason for even wanting to fly on an airplane. "I want to go see my grandma" is not going to be a good enough reason to be "allowed" to fly. Skip the no fly lists. Soon it will be "you've got to have a good reason to want to fly anywhere" list.
    The reason the airlines would want these of course is because they actually want passengers ;and people will not fly if there isn't an effort taken to make sure they won't be blown up 40 thousand feet in the sky.

Clearly this is not an attempt to destroy the commercial airline industry ;but to save it.

My question about the full body scanners is not the issue of privacy or any faux concern about freedoms being destroyed ; I'll fly on the planes where the passangers have been screened and you and the civil libertarians can fly on the planes where security is lax .

My only real concern about full body scanners is their effectiveness .Have they been tested to detect 80 grams of PETN? Not sure that has been tested and confirmed.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 07:01 AM

If you hide things INSIDE a body cavity, the scanners are defeated. Think a fake Tampon, anus or vagina.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    If you hide things INSIDE a body cavity, the scanners are defeated. Think a fake Tampon, anus or vagina.
    I believe the scanners would pick that up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 08:31 AM

They have scanners that can pick up things in any body cavity, we used them in prisons for years. These along with metal detectors.

We know security is not working now, and it is not a matter of freedom, since flying is not a right, you are not required to fly, if you don't wish to use the security then merely don't fly.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 12:04 PM

Somebody said that it won't because the readio wave bounce off the skin for the one type of scanner.

I think the other type uses X-rays, but I doubt the depth is large enough. It would depend on the strength.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full body orgasm? [ 17 Answers ]

I've heard about this full body orgasm and I really want to give my girlfriend one... and I've seen a video on it but it was only the penetration with the guys hand part... and I know there's got to be more than that involved to have a girl's whole body involved in the orgasm.. Has anyone else...

Full body donation [ 31 Answers ]

I have decided to give my full body to science.To a local university hospital. Cadavers have always been in short supply and provide a great resource for students. I will have no service and my cremated remains will go to my family after they have used my body for whatever reason they see...

Full body detox [ 1 Answers ]

I am in desperate need for a full body detox please can someone help me I have started juicing green vegies which help, but I need something more, I have heard of warm water with lemon for a week, please please please can someone with some knowledge of the body help me because I feel like crap....

Need a blazer body for 87-90 full size [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a older blazer body full size blazer it has a 350 motor for a 88-90 mine fell apart

View more questions Search