Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mubasher71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 12:37 PM
    How to get back my last rent from landlord in ontario
    Hello, I rented a house in the mid of Oct and paid the rent for remaining days of current month plus first and last but due to some problems after 2 weeks I moved to other city. So, I told landlord about it (no lease signed) and asked him to keep the full rent for November but give me back my last. At that time he agreed and said he will send me the money on new address but now its more than two months he is not answering my phone even.
    Please let me know what should I do now. ([email protected])
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 11:49 AM

You might get a lawyer to send him a letter of demand.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 07:59 PM

Can't tell where you are but on a month to month rental you must give a 30 day notice, If you told the landlord on or before 10-31 then you only owe for November and are due your last months rent back. If notice was given 11-1 or later you owe for November and December. Does this desribe your situation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never signed lease, landlord suing for back rent, but I paid it! [ 3 Answers ]

I rented a trailer for 2 years, told the landlord I was moving out. The electricity was in his name, not mine. Rent was paid up until the 1st of August. I got an eviction notice at the end of July, called the landlord and he said it was a mistake! I then moved out two weeks later. Now he has...

Tenant/Landlord Rent [ 2 Answers ]

My roommate and I lived in a privately owned condo for one year (we moved out 14 months ago). When we lived there, we sent our rent checks to the landlord, who did not cash them for five of the months (we believe he was in rehab). Now he is calling asking for the money again and we don't have it...

Landlord will not return prepaid rent in CA [ 1 Answers ]

I relocated to CA and signed a lease from out-of-state. The lease ran six-months and then automatically converted to month-to-month. On Feb 7, my landlord gave notice that rent would increase effective Mar 7. We elected to move out and gave notice (the only condition the lease specified for...

Ontario - Tenant/Landlord [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. It was nice to come upon your site. I have a question that I would like to ask of you all. My husband is the Superintendent of a building. We have a tenant who has a lengthy criminal record and is also registered with the Canadain Mental Health Association. He was currently charged with...

View more questions Search