Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnnpam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 11:04 AM
    Toilet bowl turns black and smells like sulfur. City sewage. Tank clear no odor
    Background: Recently bought a home. Has a well that seems to be only connected to outdoor faucet. Also has a soft water system but we can't turn it on because a hose to the washer from the soft water unit has no where to connect. We are connected to the city sewage and water system.
    Question: If you don't use the downstairs 1/2 bath toilet toilet for a day or two the toilet bowl water will start to turn black and also the bowl. Sometimes will smell a little like sulfur. The tank is clear with no odor. We've also noticed that the upstairs toilets (there are 2) get a dark ring around the bowl within a couple days of cleaning but no odor. What could be causing this?

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking Toilet replaced wax ring fixed but smells like sewage [ 6 Answers ]

1st time poster so here goes: I noticed my toilet slowly leaking from the bottom of the base, So I placed a new wax ring on the bottom and all was Good. Until the next day, I noticed a sewer smell in the bathroom so I assumed the wax didn't really seal itself properly. 2 years ago we Had...

Toilet bowl smells of ammonia [ 7 Answers ]

WE live in an upstairs (2d floor) apartment. Both of the toilets has a bad ammonia smell that does not go away and we have pinpointed where the smell comes from, the toilet bowle itself. We have had the apartment maintenance crew come round twice, but all they have done is roto-rooter the toilet...

Toilet Bowl/Tank Fill [ 2 Answers ]

When we flush our toilet once the tank fills as does the bowl and we have an incomplete flush. The second flush fills the tank and empties the bowl completely, and the bowl does not refill, but the flush is complete. We have plunged, used unclogging chemicals, scraped rim feed holes, checked that...

Toilet tank and bowl [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet when flushing is filling up the bowl and overflowing instead of emting the bowl- tried plunger - did not work? I hate to call a plumber if I can fix this myself Sheryl

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.