Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 05:25 PM
    Old snowblower
    I have an old Toro 826 used snowblower that was given to me. I cannot start it. I bought a new spark plug, filled the gas tank, even put a little bit of gas where the spark plug goes. I still can not start it. Can someone please help me?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2006, 08:41 AM
    You got his problems...
    If it doesn't fire off a little gas down the carb... check for spark (take the plug out, put it back in the wire, ground the threads to the head, and turn the engine over and watch for a blue snap)
    No spark, try to take the kill wire off the coil (goes under the shroud to it) if that doesn't do it, its either the coil, or if it has points, either or...

Now if it has spark... make sure it has compression (usually just spinning the engine over backwards will tell you, it'll bounce back... ) but you can test it with a compression tester...

If that's good... check the flywheel key (means taking the flywheel off)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snowblower Carb Problem? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have a small Murray Ultra 5 HP, 22" snowblower. I have been a bad boy and have not taken care of it very well, no fuel stabilizer over summer, etc. The problem now, after about 3 years, is that when start, engine does not run smoothly, and will die under load. Also, looks like is firing at...

Tiller/snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know where I could find sears/craftsman impliments for a 1977 sears 16/6

View more questions Search