Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josh3169 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 03:19 PM
    Bank loan
    My loan officer is threating me because my insurance was cancelled then after that I got in an accident now he is going to call the cops can he do that
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Hello josh:

Sure, he can call 'em. I don't know what for, but he can sure call.

I think there are things that you were supposed to do that you're not telling us about.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 04:25 PM
    Of course he can call them and invite them over for donuts. ( I can say that since I am a retired officer)

But this is not a criminal case, it is a civil issue.

By the contract you were required by law to keep insurnce on your vechile.
    If you did not, they had the option of buying it thierself and charging you, having your loan go into default and repo or to merely warn you to get insurance.

So you have gotten into a wreck, as long as you are going to pay the loan, and don't get behind, it does not really matter normally.

You will still have to pay for the truck, even if they repo it, when they sell it, you have to pay for the balance. ( which normally could be more for a wrecked truck than you owe before the repo)

So if you don't pay, they get a judgement, garnish your wages, attack your bank account and the such.

He is theatening you to attempt to make you make payments I will guess, since I guess you may also be late with your payments. Just catch your payments up and he most likely will not be as upset. ( my guess to the issue)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 05:14 PM
    I don't know about calling the cops but he can sue for for the balance owed on the car. I suppose he can call the cops ; what the cops will do about it, if anything, is something else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Account Levy-froze Student Loan Funds [ 2 Answers ]

I had outstanding credit card debt 5 yrs ago and am in the process of settling all accts. However, I deposited my STUDENT LOAN CHECK in my bank account, and I guess because of the higher balance a lawyer firm that I had no idea was suuing me because they sent all correspondence to the wrong...

Bank [ 3 Answers ]

In what case do creditors go after your bank account? Is it the fairly large debt owed or any?

Getting a loan [ 5 Answers ]

I have bad credit but I have been at my job for 5 years now is there any company out there that would be willing to give me a personal loan or does anyone know of any way or anyone that would be willing to finance me. Right now I really need a loan. Will someone please help me

Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I will be purchasing a new car soon.I currecntly have very little outstanding bills. I own my home outright with no mortgage. I want to get a loan to pay for the car and maybe even buy a travel trailor. What would be the best type of loan for me to get, or should I use several diffent loans.

View more questions Search