Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UNcleTio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 07:35 PM
    Noisy furnace blower motor
    I have a Frigidaire natural gas furnace approx 10 years old (not sure model #).when ever the motor comes on it sounds like (someone starting a car when it is really cold outside) buts seems fine once going.it is a 3 speed motor and spins freely by hand my thoughts are that the capacitor is faulty was wondering if they are in the motor or else where how do I determine this .I can replace the motor but if the capacitors are not with it this will not fix the issue.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 08:25 PM
    Try replacing the capacitor. In many cases like yours it fixed the problem. Capacitor usually located somewhere around the motor. Replace with like same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace will ?heat motor? And blower motor will run but not at same time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Goodman, gas, no heat pump. There is a flashing LED that blinks once ever 4 seconds. Also, blower motor does not stay on always. We did smell something like an electrical burn. I'm guess my blower motor is fried?

Furnace blower noisy [ 1 Answers ]

Help, the fan blower on my furnace is noisy. I turned it off and manually spun the fan... it moved smoothly. Any suggestions?

Noisy AC - Furnace fan motor [ 1 Answers ]

The fan starts making noise... then, all of a sudden, the noise is reduced to a loud hum. The unit is typical of a residential home heating and ac unit. Split system for cooling and gas for heating. Not a heat pump.

Furnace Blower Noisy [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a house with a probably 50+ year old furnace. It is made by International Heater Company, Utica N.Y. It is 80,000 BTU and the house is 900 square feet. It works perfectly except when the blower comes on it is so noisy. Any remedy to cut out the noise. The repairman said old furnace...

Noisy Blower Motor [ 4 Answers ]

I had the 1 hp blower motor on my furnace/air conditioner replaced in December 2005. In the last 2 days, it has gotten extremely loud. It still works, but it sounds like there's an airplane in my basement. Any ideas about what could be going wrong? Is it something that can be fixed or will I...

View more questions Search