Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jccc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 02:14 PM
    Friend claims I owe him money and is taking it to small claims court
    I was on holiday with a friend who booked and paid for a trip. When we got home he asked me for the money for this trip. He never told me how much it cost or that he would want me to contribute until afterwards. I have told him that he should have asked first and I wouldn't have gone as I cannot afford it. He is threatening to take me to the small claims court. I will dispute it. Is he right or am I.

Just for the record I paid my own way for everything else and treated him to a much less expensive trip.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2010, 02:54 PM

Unless he can furnish some proof that there was an agreement for you to share the costs. I doubt if he can win in court.
    jccc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 03:09 PM

Thank you Scott, That's what I thought, needless to say he is now an ex friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking my landlord to small claims [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I can take my landlord to small claims court for this issue. My rent is due of course on the first of every month. On the night of the fourth my landlord came to my door and asked me if I had put in my rent in the mail. I told him no I was waiting for my check. He then handed me a 3...

Taking mother to small claims for several different things. [ 23 Answers ]

Ok. I got a restraining order against my mother and father 3 years ago because they thought they could still rule my life and decisions and dictate how I raise my kids when I was 25 years old. So in retaliation my mother took me to court for custody of my daughter and fought the restraining order. ...

Taking ex husband to small claims [ 3 Answers ]

My ex husband signed our legal separation and its filed with the courts of Ontario. He stated he would pay for 2 credit cards upon execution of transfer of house which has occurred. Its been 4 years since our separation and collection agencies are calling me cause he has not paid them which I...

Ex room mate taking me to small claims [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: I advertised for a room mate to help with expenses for my two bedroom apartment. I took on a 62 year old male room mate and he was required to sign on my lease for the remainder of my lease from May till December of the same year. In August police officers came to my door looking for my...

View more questions Search