Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brown504 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 11:07 AM
    Oil in radiator/ radiator is crack
    My radiator has a crack on the side so we been putting in water but now it looks like there is some kind oil and gook in the radiator. Can any one try to help me with his problem
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 11:15 AM

You likely have a blown head gasket or cracked block, allowing oil and coolant to mix. Depending on the car, repairs typically run $2,500+.
    lilsnell8 Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 05:37 PM

Is the oil milky looking inside of the radiator? If so its probably a blown head gasket. Pull your oil stick and see if it has milk on it.
    tomdel45 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2012, 05:00 AM
    If the radiator is cracked and there is nothing in the oil in the engine than it could by trans fluid . Check that .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine oil in Radiator [ 4 Answers ]

I have a suzuki rg 125f that once belonged to my brother. My father and I went to put it back on the road after a year of sitting in storage, the first thing that we noticed was that there was oil sitting on top of the radiator water so we took the engine apart but found no carcks in the main block...

Oil in radiator [ 6 Answers ]

I was coming back from doctors office when my 1998 Jeep Cherokee cut off on me. I had it towed back to the house when my husband discovered what looked to be oil in the radiator. I had no problems with the jeep until the point in time. So I'm being told the head is bad. Any suggestions would...

90wt oil in radiator [ 1 Answers ]

Looking at a 92 gmc suburban .engine never gets warm found what I think is 90wt oil in the radiator.Owner admits to putting no-leak in .No water residue in engine oil. Any ideas?

Oil in radiator [ 28 Answers ]

My wife's car (98 Buick Century) was just diagnosed with oil leaking into the radiator. We took it into a place because the heater stopped working. Can anyone give me an idea of what the repair would need to be and the approximate cost?

Moving a oil radiator [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling a bathroom with a oil fed radiator. (It has a Boiler) The radiator has to be moved from on wall to another. How do I do this and can you solder the joints without causing a fire.

View more questions Search