Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superutails Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 11:52 PM
    Midnight Magic
    Why is midnight is the end of opportunity? When I'm watching TV it's always by midnight, if unable to be stopped by midnight it'll never be stopped. Like if I built a magical device to rule the world but it'll only work at midnight or I got magical powers and if I wait until midnight then no one can stop me. Why is midnight the start of the day? Why not 6 am or something?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jan 7, 2010, 12:07 AM

Midnight is the time between days. It is the exact end AND exact beginning of the day. It is also a time when the veil between the worlds is thinner than any other time during the day. It's a gateway between the old and the new.

That being said, don't believe everything you see on TV. Even though midnight DOES hold power, it is not the all-important hour TV makes it out to be. Real magic relies on the spirit of things, more so than the literal definition. Doing a spell AROUND midnight is usually just as good as doing I exactly AT midnight.

Besides, who's to say your watch isn't off by a minute or two. Have you ever wondered what would happen if the people on TV had different times on their watches?

A lot of it, is for dramatic effect. There's something final about hearing the first gong of 12 as a signal that things are over, for good or bad. TV, and movies, almost always have a large clock with a loud, deep tone to strike midnight.
    superutails Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 12:15 AM

I don't believe that TV stuff but it made for a better example. TV tends to copy old cultures and beliefs.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jan 15, 2010, 12:19 AM

well, then, ignore my last paragraph ^_^

the rest still holds true.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does it taste better after midnight? [ 9 Answers ]

I've heard this question somewhere before. I've always wondered why it is that when I wake up in the middle of the night that when I eat it seems better. I don't know... lol. But yea always wanted to know that answer

Midnight blues [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me who sings the song "midnight blues" (the singer is female)

Midnight blues [ 1 Answers ]

An irish girl sing this song // MIDNIGHT BLUES WHO??

Midnight snack? [ 5 Answers ]

Is midnight snacking really as bad as they say it is? I love my midnight snacks, and I try to keep them as healthy as possible but could it cause my 95 lbs (no worries I'm only five feet tall) go all the way up to 120? Or such and such and so and so etc.

Midnight [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... my computer gets booted at midnight every night ,I am with AOL so I get right back on again and it runs fine until midnight and the same thing happens again ,I am using winxp... cheers jimgil

View more questions Search