Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eezzee_2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 10:03 PM
    Do you know any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy?
    I would like to know if there is any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? If so, how was it possible? Can a straight guy do so?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 10:17 PM

Anyone can fall in love with anyone.

The thing is, if a straight guy falls in love with a gay guy, well, he's not really straight. He may not be gay, but he's at least bi-sexual.

In other words, yes, it's possible for a bi-sexual guy to fall in love with a gay guy.

Now, if you're asking because you're in love with a straight guy and want to know if you have a chance, well, unlikely. If he's straight then he's not going to go for a guy. Just like a gay guy wouldn't go for a girl.
    Llisa Posts: 36, Reputation: 17

Jan 6, 2010, 11:26 PM

Yes, I'm also very interested to know where you are coming from. Are you a straight guy? A girl? A gay guy? Or unsure?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 02:33 AM
    Hi, eezzee_2!

Yes, why are you asking the questions, please?

I'm straight. But, I've been in love with one of my gay friends for a number of decades. It's just that I'm not gay. We do have a tremendous amout of things in common and share a lot with each other concerning the love we have for each other and fun that we have doing things together.

I also have a number of other gay friends. But, this one in particular, if I were gay, he would be my lover. But, I'm not gay...

How love is shown, can have many meanings and definitions. It's not all about sex...

So, to directly answer your question, I would say yes, that it's possible for a straight guy to fall in love with a gay man.

But, what do you mean by "love", please?

Thanks!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 08:12 AM
    It's always possible, but it's case-by-case / person-to-person.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 08:42 AM

I believe it is highly likely that a straight man would fall in love with a gay man.

The chemistry of attraction is what factors into an ability to fall in love. A straight man while he may be fond of a gay friend will not feel the chemistry of attration that is necessary to fall into a loving state.

My guess from the question will be that you are wondering if you have a chance with a straight friend... the odds are highly stacked against you. It would be like a gay man falling in love with a woman.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Do you know any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy?
    For friendship, sure happens all the time. For love, and romance? Almost NEVER!! He wouldn't be straight then would he?
    adamconda69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 03:09 AM
    To Justwantfair
    And talaniman ,
    I am a male age 20, I have a nine month old son and I have been pretty much the guy you see in the movies that gets almost any girl he wants and I loved it and I still do, but one day I met a guy who wasn't trying in anyway to look like a girl but just had a natural beauty that honestly I can say was that of a true angel, I mean this guy was lit. gorgeous, and over a matter of a few months I came to find myself madly in love with him, now to this day I swear to you, I hold him in my arms and I feel so much more at one with myself and the world with him in a way I have never for any one girl, or two or three girls, I am not gay, I don't have sex with him, and I don't plan to but I do love him beyond a doubt. I have learned from a very young age to separate love and sex even relationships and sex and honestly I feel like I am the happiest person alive so *** try to be open minded towards this topic because I would have never expected my life to be this way but I also wouldn't change a damn thing :)
    jayfreshie Posts: 1, Reputation: 6

Oct 8, 2010, 12:09 AM
    Yes my friend and I have been together two years now and we have never been happier. He is straight and I am gay. I admit it is very weird. We have never had sex in anyway. But I have learned more about love from being with him than I have over the course of all my other relationships combined. When Sex is taken out of the picture you are forced to come up with other ways to show each other that you care. We all know that sex rarely is an expression of selflessness. He dates girls and I see boys, however it is made clear that WE will aways come first. I would be very interested in Talking to other couples like us to see what potential problems we will face and how others have overcame them since this is such a rare path that gets traveld.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gay guy falling in love with straight guy [ 11 Answers ]

So I've been working with this guy for about year and half. He's has with two kids with his live-in girlfriend. I'm a single gay. Everyday at work, we flirt a lot, he tells me that he loves me, he tells me that I'm cute, he's even asked me if I wanted to see his penis. What does this mean? Is...

Can a gay guy be straight again? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm just wondering if a gay guy can become straight again? Reason being because I have this male friend who is almost like my diary, I tell him everything all my life. We are always like together even people tell us we wold make a cute couple and stuff. Also he eve told me before that if he was...

Gay/Bi/Bicurious guy attracted to a Straight Guy [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not the best at this, but I'll give it a good shot! I'm a guy (may explain why I'm not good at this!), 19 years old and live in New Zealand. August 2008 - Offered a brilliant job, was so surprised I'm one of the youngest in the country to ever have the position!! Obviously said yes,...

Another gay man in love with straight guy? [ 13 Answers ]

Ok... I am going to write about something that is driving me crazy and is so weird and strange its unbelivable. I am a 37 gay man and in love with another man which I work with. This other man has been around the block a few times and has vast experience in life, work and love. He has travelled...

Can a gay guy go straight [ 47 Answers ]

I just want to know how possible it is for a gay guy to go straight because I have this friend who is actually my best friend and we both go way back from school and now we work together... we do practically everything together; work, party, gym, tennis, you name it, except sleep together. He has...

View more questions Search