Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirsti1989402 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 07:58 PM
    Sore feeling or swollen feeling in vaginal opening, white thick substance
    For the past 2 days my vaginal opening has felt swollen and sore, and slightly itchy. Today some kind of fluid came out of it and got my pants wet, like I had spilled water on them, and I noticed when I went to the restroom, that there was a LOT of w thick like stuff all over my vagina lips, and the opening of my vagina was very wet. What is this? Yeast infection? What could have caused this to spring up so suddenly?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 08:16 PM

Yep, sounds like a yeast infection. Does it at all smell?

Antibiotics can cause it in a heartbeat.

Tight fitting clothing, not enough air, sweaty clothing can also cause it.
    kirsti1989402 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 08:24 PM

No it doesn't smell at all, I was takeing some antibiodics a few weeks ago for a sinus infection though
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 10:26 PM

So, very high probability it's a yeast infection and you could treat with OTC preparations. Yeast Infections | Ask a Pharmacist | Pharmacy | Walgreens

Yeast infections can be yucky.

Next time your on potent antibiotics, go to a health food store and get some Acedophelous (spelling), but it's in the link. In good stores it requires refrigeration. Also take cranberry juice. Both a are suggested in the Wallgreens link although they don't directly recommend the capsules. Yougurt with live cultures can work too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Thick Brown Odorless Vaginal Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

My period started about 10 days ago. It typically lasts about 5 days with heavy bleeding the 1st and into the 2nd day and then tapering off to nothing in 5 days. I usually have pretty heavy cramping. This time though I had next to no cramping or fatigue. The bleeding had completely stopped...

Sore Swollen Throat [ 1 Answers ]

So I have an extremely sore, swollen throat and I have lots of flem I'm coughing up as well as blood. I went to the doctor 3 days ago and he prescribed me penicillin he didn't even do a throat swab(which I think he should have :mad:), but my throat is NOT doing any better and I am getting very...

Sore and swollen vagina [ 23 Answers ]

I'm 17, a few days ago it started itching and being sore down there.. ive tried not to itch and its kind of working. Its just manly sore and annying now... I had a look with a mirror and it looks swollen and more red then I think it should look. And I'm creaming. but it doesn't smell... :( I'm...

Tight swollen feeling all over my body [ 7 Answers ]

Ugh. For the last few days, I've had this weird, uncomfortable feeling that my skin is too tight or that I'm all swollen. My feet and legs feel as if I'm wearing very tight socks, even when they are bare. My hands feel very tight and swollen when I clench them. My arms and legs feel heavy and it...

View more questions Search