Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2004, 10:39 AM
    Smell coming up sink drain pipe
    I have read the info on smelly sink but I think this case is slightly different. There is a black smelly sludge evident on the outside gulley trap which I have now cleared. But this evil sludge is coming from the plastic pipe joining sink to gulley. I am unable to get right through the pipe to clean it because of sharp bends even with a spiral wire which I bought. Which cleaning material or tool would you recommend?

Thanks

Victor
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 17, 2004, 11:17 AM
    Re: smell coming up sink drain pipe
    The smell's coming from the continuous waste that connects one sink tub to the other. This is caused by decaying grease on the inside of the pipe. First pour a couple of large pans of boiling water down the drain to loosen up the grease. Then pour jug of bleach down to combat the smell. If you have a disposal, cut a lemon into quarters and run it on through. That should make that stinky sink smell better. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell coming from cold water in sink and bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have spent a lot of money on my plumbing problem and still don't have an answer. We added a 2bedroom 1 bath addition onto our house. About a month after we started using the addition we began to have a sewer smell coming from the cold water. We removed alloy rod from water heater just in...

Sewage gas smell coming up in Master Tub [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have seen similar questions but am not sure if answer applies in my case. We recently built a house and began noticing a sewage gas smell coming up from our master bath tub. Shower is separate from tub. I also notice a gurgling sound in the master tub when we flush the master...

Leaky drain pipe from shower and sink [ 1 Answers ]

The drain pipe from bathroom sink and shower is leaking through the ceiling into the kitchen below. Can this pipe be replaced without breaking through bathroom floor?

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

Smell coming from toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Please help - our guest bathroom has this awful smell coming from the toilet - And we are at a loss to what it is from. We have a septic tank but the master bath doesn't smell at all. I was told to check the vent, or the wax seal to the floor. What do you think or is there something else I...

View more questions Search