Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tufunuf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 03:32 PM
    Honeywell rth2300
    I have a Goodman ac/heat system. I recently installed a new Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat. Now, for some odd reason, the thermostat will not control the temperature correctly. If the heat is set t0 come on at 72 degree, the thermostat will not tell the heat to kick on until the temperature in the house drops down to 68 degrees or so. When the heater does come on the temperature may reach 76 or 78 degrees before kicking back off again. It over (and under) shoots terribly. I have the wires connected to this new thermostat exactly as I did on the old one. That is: Red wire to Yellow post. Yellow wire to red post. Ground to G and White wire to white post.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 04:18 PM

Read carefully through your install instructions that came with the stat and look for any information on the heat cycle settings. You will need to set heat cycles to match your heating system. If you get the stat set correctly for heat cycles, it will most likely take care of the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W o g are c why wires thermostat = rth2300 [ 3 Answers ]

My old thermostat has the wogrcy and when I connect the new model rth300, the ac doen't run

Diagram for honeywell RTH2300 wiring module [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to connect the wire to the themostat but the wire has 1 thick copper wire and doesn't have many wire colors to hook up to themostats. Our landlord left without finishing the set up on our wall heater(gas) and expected us to do it ourseleves. I am having trouble finding a module diagram...

Installing new Honeywell rth2300 thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced an old digital thermostat with a new programmable honeywell. The wires coming out of the wall are as follows: Red White Blue Green In the old thermostat they were connected as follows: Red:Rh (jumpered to RC) White:W Blue:Y

Replacing a Honeywell T8575D2003 with a Honeywell RTH8500. Having trouble with wires [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a Honeywell T8575D2003 with a Honeywell RTH8500. Didn't think there would be issues, manuals are all straight forward. However when I removed the T8575, the wiring set up did not match what the RTH8500 was expecting. The T8575 has 8 wires connected as follows < 1 ...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

View more questions Search