Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walkers1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 08:55 AM
    We like each other but she is hesitant about starting anything.
    Hi there is a girl I work with who I really like I'm 24 and she's 26 we have known each other and been friends for about 2 years now I have liked her for a long time but was unsure how she felt as was getting very open to interpretation comments and a lot of flirting. I recently gave in and told her how I felt about her and she said that she liked me too unfortunately she has a boyfriend she has been seeing for around 11 years and they own a place together although they have been rocky for a while now she says she wants to see whether things improve with him and that she doesn't know me well enough to be with me. Since I told her we have hugged a few times and come close to kissing on more than one occasion.
    Am now stuck on what to do next as I don't want to pressurise her into anything but every time we are together we both have to struggle to stop things from happening. Should I wait for her to come around and see me as the better option or for something to happen? Or should I just try to move on?
    I am not very experienced with these kind of problems as I have recently got divorced from a girl I was with since I was 16 so any advice would be appreciated.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 09:01 AM

She is with someone else and it doesn't matter if their relationship is rocky-you step away.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 09:01 AM

She's got a boyfriend, that's a no fly zone there. Abort abort abort
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 09:11 AM

I sure there are plenty of women out there who are single...

Perhaps this women likes the flirtation,and the attention,however that's all it is,she's very much attached.. your single,go be single and date and enjoy your freedom,chasing this women is chasing trouble.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 11:03 AM
    She already knows how you feel. The ball is on her side of the court. If she wants something to happen, she will have to break up with her boyfriend to be with you. But you can't force her or put pressure on her to do that.

As for you, she has a boyfriend, so it's time for you to back away and leave her alone. You don't want to be a girlfriend stealer and you don't want to be the guy that she cheats with.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Jan 6, 2010, 07:53 PM

If she really wants you she will start spending more time with you and you will know it. For now, you need to back off, stay friendly, maybe start dating others to get your mind off her. This may cause 2 things, 1) help you move past her, and 2) maybe get her to jump ship to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 08:16 PM

Why complicate the place you work trying to get someone who already has someone else? Move on guy, and get someone who won't cheat. That's the only way you get her, is for her to cheat.
    valkman98 Posts: 69, Reputation: 15

Jan 6, 2010, 09:20 PM

People want what they can't have, she might be getting the missing something from you that is lacking in her relationship. Just a thought but by all means stay away from her in that way. Lots'o pain if you don't.
    walkers1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 01:45 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys not what I wanted to hear but probably what I needed to hear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Over? What does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for just over a year now. She has been acting a little funny for a little less than a week now. Today we talked and she came to the conclusion that she wants to start over as friends and move on from there. When I started giving my input, I said that I don't...

I Am Hesitant to Talk About Sexual Desire [ 5 Answers ]

I am a senior citizen and losing sex drive. I want to enhance sexual desire but am worried about risks with over counter vitamins

Labor unions and the reason to be hesitant [ 2 Answers ]

What might be some of the reasons a "new collar"would be hesitant to join a union?:)

What might be some of the reasons a "new collar" worker would be hesitant to join [ 1 Answers ]

What might be some of the reasons a "new collar" worker would be hesitant to join a union?

Starting with me [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song "Starting with me"?

View more questions Search