Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Leak where pipe joins the sink
    When my partners earring fell down the sink I had to remove the "u" shaped pipe to retrieve it.upon doing so the seal was broken where the piping is joined to the ceramic sink.what can I use to make this seal water thight again?any help will be greatly appreciated!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 16, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by howell
    when my partners earring fell down the sink i had to remove the "u" shaped pipe to retrieve it.upon doing so the seal was broken where the piping is joined to the ceramic sink.what can i use to make this seal water thight again?any help will be greatly appreciated!
    You have loosend the spud washer that connects to the lavatory. Snug up the nut under the washer. Good luck, Tom
    Newtoplumbinginseattle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 12:36 PM
    The tape worked! Thanks - M

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PVC pipe leak from toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Help.. My wife and I bought our first house 5 months ago. We are not used to living in a home with 2 floors and a basement. So, the toilet on the upper floor started leaking a few drops a minute, so it is not serious yet:). The drops are forming on the elbow joint of the PVC pipe in the...

Leak from knob under sink [ 4 Answers ]

It appears that the shut off knob , for the hot water is leaking. Drops are forming on the screw. I tried tightening it, but that did not help. :confused: Many thanks.

Leak in PVC Drain Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I recently refurbished the powder room (1/2 bath) in the main hall of our house. Everything went well until I had to deal with the pedestal sink. After some struggle, I finally got the sink attached properly to the wall and the pedestal bolted to the floor. However, after I turned on the water,...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

Washer Drain pipe leak [ 5 Answers ]

My washer Drain had a pretty serious leak. It is commomed up with a drain from the suite above me right after the drain trap. The day that it leaked the drains were augered as a part of routine building maintenance. The leak stopped on it's own and hasn't leaked since. Can anyone suggest some...

View more questions Search