Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alex_U Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2004, 08:53 AM
    Washing Machine Discharge Hose Length
    I would like to move my washing machine from its current position, directly in front of our utility tubs. The new location will require a discharge hose close to 15' long. (The washer inlet hoses will be about as long, too.)

Is there any problem with this?

Where can I get this length of this kind of hose?

Can I shape it? (It needs to go around three 90-degree horizontal turns.)

Should I run it along the floor, then up near the tub, or should I run it up first, the across to the tub?

Should I try to reuse the hose I have by cutting it and inserting connectors and more hose (with hose clamps), or not?

Thanks! I've been stewing over this for some time.

- Alex
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 19, 2004, 09:29 AM
    Re: Washing Machine Discharge Hose Length
    Good morning Alex, Your question is: I would like to move my washing machine from its current position, directly in front of our utility tubs. The new location will require a discharge hose close to 15' long. (The washer inlet hoses will be about as long, too.)
    Is there any problem with this? (No) Where can I get this length of this kind of hose? (Any hardware store, ask for reinforced diswasher discharge hose. ) Can I shape it? (It needs to go around three 90-degree horizontal turns.) ( yes, the pump discharges with great pressure)
    Should I run it along the floor, then up near the tub, or should I run it up first, the across to the tub? (To advoid water draining back into the washer after the pump shuts down you must loop the hose up over the flood rim of the washer and maintain that elevation, giving it just a little slope so that it drains completely. If you wish to drop and run it around the floor you will have to install a check valve in the discharge line. Be advised that if you do this you will have standing water left in the hose until the next washing.)
    Should I try to reuse the hose I have by cutting it and inserting connectors and more hose (with hose clamps), or not? ( By inserting connectors you choke down on the volume a little. While I don't think this will bother any I would still like the hose to be one piece.) If you have more questions, feel free to click on back. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine discharge goes into sink [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a raised ranch. The toilet and shower are backed up to the laundry room. The sink and the washer use the same discharge pipe. When the washer drains, the water backflows into the sink and out onto the bathroom floor. The plumber has been here twice and installed a vent in the pipe but it...

Washing Machine Box [ 10 Answers ]

Greetings. My basement has an overhead Sewer pipe going out to the front. Therefore, if I want a washing machine in the Basement, I have to pump the discharge up and out in some way. Right now, the discharge goes to the sump pump hole and then is pupmed out. I want to install a washing...

New washing machine discharge standpipe [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm putting in a new washing machine tomorrow, and would like to ask how much higher should the standpipe be? I am including a link with 2 pictures of how it is presently.(I have moved the electrical receptacle). In the picture, the distance from the top of the standpipe to the bottom of the...

Washing machine discharge volume [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning. I have a septic tank under the slab of my house. Occasionally, the tank becomes full (I pulled the downstairs toilet once, and the water level in the 3" pipe was at floor level). This happens only when there are many people in the house and laundry is being done. After a day or...

View more questions Search