Ask
    amy112 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2010, 07:20 PM
    Do ear cartilage piercings with a gun hurt
    Hey I need to know!!
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 09:31 PM

NEVER, get your cartiladge pierced with a gun! It shatters your cartiladge and causes a lot of damage, not to mention, a lot of pain! Yes, it does hurt. Not just when you get it pierced, but sometimes for months after.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 07:17 AM

Are you talking about the specific ear piercing gun that they use in Claires?

As with any other cut or puncture, yes, piercing your ears for the first time hurts, but it goes away quickly - and is worth it! :)

Piercing your ears with a REAL gun is a silly and dangerous idea, but a ear-piercing gun at a store, that's OK.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 12:33 PM

I had the cartiladge in my left ear pierced 4 times with a piercing gun (not all at once.) the pain in all of the piercings never went away and I kept the earings in for over a year. Finally I was so sick of my ear hurting that I just took out the earings and let it heal. My sister had the same thing happen. She finally went to a professional and had an industrial piercing instead. I've heard multiple times to never have your ears pierced with a gun, and I guess now I know first hand.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 12:41 PM

I had my first piercing at 13 and my second at 22. The first cartilage pierce hurt, but the pain went away in a few hours. The second felt like a tiny pressure point on the ear and then nothing. Didn't even hurt.

Both piercings were done at Claires... two different Claires, obviously, due to the time in between piercings! :) I don't even know if that mall is still there from when I had them done as a teenager!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercings [ 2 Answers ]

so im getting my ears pierced righttoday and i want to get 2 earrings on my bottom and 2 at the top. how badly will it hurt if i get them done in the same day and which is a better method the gun or needle? please help! :confused:

Cartilage piercings [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I was wondering how do I tell my mom that I want to pierce my cartilage. She has her navel done so I don't think that it will be a problem but you never no give me some help. :)

Ear Cartilage Piercings [ 12 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! Im 14 and want to get my ear cartilage pierced, I want 2 on each ear. I already have had my ear lobes done when I was like 6 or 7 but now I was some higher up~! The thing is, my mom kind of refuses at the idea, but she says ifI prove her wrong at a few things then she may think...

Where exactly do cartilage piercings go through? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow and I'm a bit anxious. A friend of mine told me they deliberately miss the cartilage and just go through the fleshy-skin part above the cartilage... contrary to what I've heard. Is she right or not and where exactly does the piercing go through?

View more questions Search