Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patti d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Painting fiberglass showers
    I have a fiberglass shower that I want to paint. What is the best kind of paint to use for this project?
    omzig Posts: 119, Reputation: 19

Nov 16, 2006, 09:36 AM
    I have done this a few times with a marine epoxy. The most important thing is the prep. I cleaned real good with Goof Off and sanded to dull the finish. I have no idea how long this lasted because I sold the houses after doing it, but it looked great.

I think that Rust-Oleum has a paint for bathtubs that is supposed to work on fiberglass. I think that their website is rustoleum.com.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Yeah, sand it down good, and then a quality, non latex paint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Showers backed up [ 1 Answers ]

While I was taking a shower last night, my wife flushed the toilet in our other bathroom and the toilet in the bathroom I was in started gurgling. After the gurgling stopped the shower would not drain. I used a plunger on the drain in the tub and it would not drain. Now the shower in the other...

Baby Showers [ 6 Answers ]

I am pretty much set on having a co-ed baby shower. I will probably put it together on my own. Since the twins are due sept. 22nd, and the dr says they will more than likely be about two weeks early I'm wondering when I should have the shower?? I am thinking since it will be summer and we have a...

J pipe for showers [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a special j pipe for a shower drain? Or do you just use 90 to make the j pipe and if so what are the specs so no sewer gas leaks... Whoa! Not so fast there Markee. That "j pipe" is called a trap. And before I even answer I want to know a little more about this project. New...

Electric showers [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tom,I only found this site yesterday. Can the british showers work in the usa. What about the voltage difference. Or can I find something similar in the usa. Thanks olivia

Electric showers [ 3 Answers ]

My old shower broke it was a 7.5kw,can I buy a 8.5kw or higher and connect it to the plumbig/electrical supply already in place? Could someone tell me what kw means,is it electric or pressure term. :confused:

View more questions Search