Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drowe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 05:37 AM
    On & off pain in left waist area
    I've seen 3 doctors this last week for an on & off gnawing type pain in my left waist that goes down into my lower left side. I can sometimes feel sensitivity to my leg also. I've been having back problems, but nothing is showing up in the lower back x-rays. The dr. thinks I may have the start of diverticilosis and doesn't think it's a pulled muscle or pinched nerve. Today I'm seeing a G.I. dr. and know he will want to do a colonscopy since I'm 49 to rule out any colon problems, but I am deathly scared of having this test. I'm wondering how I can tell the difference between a pulled muscle or something else going in my colon. I would think if the pain comes and goes, it would be more like a strained muscle and something more serious would be a constant type pain. Can you help?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 06:31 AM
    Don't be scared of a colonoscopy. It is not the most fun test to take but you will get through it. If that is the tool that can identify what is going on, then by all means, have a positive attitude about it. Remember, it does not take long at all. Good luck to you and hope you find out what is causing the pain.
    sueymin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 05:40 PM
    I had a colonoscopy 3 weeks ago due to the agonising pains in my waist area, I know I've got diverticular disease and keep this under control but I've now been diagonosed with irritable bowel syndrome, I was convinced id got bowel cancer but fortunatly this wasn't found so I'm very relieved but still feel very unwell, but at last I've got a name for my pains so if any of you out there need a colonoscopy don't be afraid as it's a weight off my mind and go for it at least it rules out anything sinister. Good Luck to all you pain sufferers I know what your going through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in lower left abdomen [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having pains in my lower left abdomen where my ovaries are. When I sit down, walk, have sex, even move wrong. What could cause this?

Pain in left arm [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what I have but I was hoping someone might help I'm over weight, My left arm and leg have a pain in them sometimes, and I haven't had my period in months. ( I've never had sex so it's not something to do with that)

Pain in the groin area [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have pain in the groin area and down the inside of my leg, mostly when I get up after I sit a long time. I have to stand still a few seconds for the pain to go away before I take a step. Someone said I could need hip replacement. I have gained a good bit of weight and my stomach is large, so...

Pain in lower left groin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am 22 years old and have never had a regular period. I can't even remember the last time I had a natural period. But my concern at this moment is that I have a pain on my lower left groin area that I have had for about 2 months now and it seems to be getting worse. Its kindof...

Pain in pelvic area [ 3 Answers ]

For a few weeks off and on I've been having dull pain in my left side in the pelvis area. Every time I moved I would experience pain. I just had a baby four months ago, and I had to get on birth control, so I'm using the patch (ortho evra). Every week I put on a new patch and since I've moved the...

View more questions Search