Ask
    vipchief Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 11:06 AM
    I have new vylon double hung window and have frost on inside middle
    I have new vylon double hung windows and I have frost on top shash by hooks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 11:12 AM

There is an air leak at the location where your frost is. Depending on what sort of warranty/guarantee you have with the new windows contact the installer and tell them your windows leak air and would like them fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixing a double hung window [ 5 Answers ]

I have a small (3 feet wide) double hung window in a bedroom. When I open the bottom, where the screen is, the top falls down a little bit and there is no screen there! How do I prevent the top from falling open? Thanks for the help!

Why is there frost/ice formed on inside of drywall! [ 2 Answers ]

Just moved into a new house a few months ago... (4 level split with 3rd level on a concrete slab). On the 3rd level in the corner of our family room there was ice on the drywall (very cold out -45 with wind chill). Was wondering if possibly vapour barrier was not installed correctly because I...

New Windows (Alliance? Double Hung) [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had my home built in a rural area (very open to the wind). During winter months (this is the 2nd winter in the home) most of my windows will get a little moisture on the glass, just above where I lock/unlock the windows to open. My problem is the 3 windows on the Northwest side of my...

Vinyl Double Hung Windows don't LOCK [ 1 Answers ]

All, So I just bought a condo, it has vinyl double hung windows. Bad part is that they don't lock. I push the top window as far as possible, and the lower one down as much as it can go, but I am still 1/2 inch off from the latch being able to lock. How can I correct this ? Is it expensive...

Frost on the inside [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question Id like to see if anyone can help me with before I call a service tech. On the inside of my A/C unit where it meets up with the furnace I have a lot of frost build up on the copper lines. I am new to the central air and have always had swamp coolers. I changed the filter and...

View more questions Search