Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lemm99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 08:26 AM
    After probate and taxes paid do individuals have to pay income tax on the inheirtance
    After probate and taxes paid do individuals have to pay income tax on the money they inheirit? It seems that the money would have already been taxed once or twice.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 08:36 AM

No, inheritances are not taxed.
    Five Rings Posts: 459, Reputation: 7

Jan 5, 2010, 08:37 AM

Inheritance is not taxed on the Federal level. Check your State's rules regarding inheritance taxes (if any).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How not to pay US taxes of a no tax foreign income [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a danish zitizen married to an american wife. I have a danish address. I'm hired by a danish shipping company A.P. Moller Maersk. My salaray goes to a danish bank I'm a marine engineer hired under the so called danish DIS agreement - tax free income. My tax free income is $54.000 a year. ...

Paid tax in India, Do I need to pay In US ? [ 1 Answers ]

I was working with one Company in India till Dec 8th of last year. The company had taxed me on the income I earned there. Since I've been in India for more than 182 days, I understand that I need to file Tax Returns In India. Do I have to pay tax for the income earned in US as well ? The company...

Inheirtance tax [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to pay any tax in Florida for inheirtance from an estate in Calif.

Income Taxes Paid [ 1 Answers ]

If an individual owns and operates several corporations and that income flows over into his personal financials, does the proerty taxes for his personal residence appear on his own Proft & Loss statement?

View more questions Search