Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozoDOP2 Posts: 112, Reputation: 0

Jan 4, 2010, 08:48 PM
    Are Japanese Girls who travel to America liars and don't care about hurting people?
    I've met Japanese girls in the bus etc. Even signed up for a program to meet Japanese ( Program offered in local college). And most of them say they want to meet, then perhaps we meet 1 time, and then they disappear and never answer mails or nothing. So it's over.

The girls I met in the bus( in their 20's) were so excited and wanted to be my friend( they said), and we even exchanged email addresses and phone numbers. They said they were going to travel and when they come back would contact me.. TOTAL BS, they never contacted me again.

This thing has happened time and time again. They all lie.
    I don't get it. I try to be nice and friendly but they lie to me.
    Perhaps could it be because I'm not a typical white american( usually the image of americans many Asians have) I'm latino and quiet. I guess they think I'm boring but they lie and say they want to be my friend.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 08:50 PM

It is all girls, most likely they are just not interested in you.

Odds of picking up girls you don't know in public, less than one percent.
    holmes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 12:15 AM
    You have a point, Japanese girls ARE like this (why I searched this topic on the net). One reason is they tell a white lie to save face. Secondly, they are usually too gutless to say straight they don't want to give you their number. Third, Japanese thinking is never black and white, they may only be 5% interested but give contact details just in case. You might get a stupid email from them 2 years later saying "remember me?" when you of course don't, but you also are suppposed to lie and say "yes, of course how are you?"

Finally, they WERE interested but then when they told their friends/boyfriend they had a jealousy fit and got angry with them for talking to a stranger-outside their group- on the bus. I met a Japanese couple on a bus once; they were friendly but afterwards the J-guy forbade his GF from talking to me. So insecure, I was talking to him too.What a d#ck. But she still emails me, go figure.

Anyway, there is a thing called "tatemae" which is the Japanese art of lying, or telling the other person what they want to hear. Thus, Japanese people appear interested, but that's just their "fake" face for public consumption.

If you want to get Japanese GF, you ve got to get her while she is still enthusiastic, but she may go back to her J hubby after she has had her fun with you anyway, so be careful.
    newton3500 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2010, 12:46 PM
    Of course not; you just have an unrealistic expectation. When you travel you have to protect yourself. For all these girls know your another rapist or serial killer. And like another reply said, they are probably not interested. They are just being polite.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2010, 03:58 PM

You clearly have a pretty low opinion of Japenese girls travelling to America. Why don't you date one of the billions of people who aren't Japenese women travelling to America? This is kind of goofy. They don't want to date you and don't want to say it to your face either because they don't want to hurt your feelings, or don't want a confrontation. And most classy women, by the way, don't date men who try to pick them up on a bus. I, for one, like to be introduced and generally date men who I meet in a safe environment, where I know someone who knows them, or otherwise have some sense of who they are. Dating strangers is very dangerous for a woman.
    VancouverBC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 12:20 AM
    I'm in Vancouver BC Canada,

I have been in three relationships with Japanese girls, in one now, and have many Japanese friends. I'm a Canadian white guy .

They are very complex for sure and yes they lie very very well. It's hard to know the truth even when your in a relationship.

To understand your situation you need to understand their culture and ways. They will always be nice and say yes yes, this is because they don't want to hurt your feelings, and will go along with anything you say or talk about, and even say food tastes good when it really does not. Most of the time the lies are petty and not too serious. It can be really challenging.

But on the other hand, they are almost the most amazing girls in the world. When the Love you they Love you 1000% and are totally amazing in everything, but watch out if they turn on you, oh man it can be wicked bad.

The gir I am with now had her changes adapting and even though she is 25 acted like 16 sometimes, but after the hardships of her fits and strange behaviour she is now so amazing and sweet, it's been a year.

Anyway, if you meet them on the bus or somewhere, if they are really into you they will call you or write you, if they are not they will never write or reply, that is their way. If you break up with them, same thing, it's like an on / off switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you deal with habitual liars? Do you think honest people have to? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to hear your opinion about habitual liars. I think it's easier for people who are also liars to deal with the same kind. I'm pretty honest. I lie sometimes but not like even if there's no shame at stake. Sometimes they even lie to help each other out when they got problems. It's crazy. ...

I'm hurting people, and myself. [ 6 Answers ]

You guy's probably already know my story based on my other topics, how I lost my girlfriend of over a year because I messed things up. Well, it's been over a month since that fateful day. I've tried everything and anything to get her back, but this time she won't be coming back. The girl won't even...

Japanese cartoon people [ 7 Answers ]

I love drawing this pic But I am having trouble finding some Were is the best place to find some:D

Break-up/Make-up. I'm hurting too many people [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone. Before I start, I just wanted to say this is a fantastic site that I'm so happy to have found. Each reply is sincere and quality. I've been browsing this site for a while before signing up, because I actually thought you had to pay for it due to the great quality and effort put...

My mind is broken & I keep hurting people [ 5 Answers ]

I have so many problems with my mind I wouldn't even know where to begin... I went to a therapist once and when talking to her I kept going on about my mother & from my description she said she thinks my mother has a boarderline personality disorder... I think it may just be me with the...

View more questions Search