Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rrrichard Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Building code, doors
    Topic: buiding code regarding door opening outward over outdoor porch with stairs leading up to inside of door.
    Details:
    Location: Deschutes County, Oregon (rural, unincorporated area)
    I would like the door threshold to be on the top step. The steps are on the inside of the wall. The door would open outward over a porch at the same elevation as the door threshold (as the top step). What is the code pertaining to this scenario?
    Thank you in advance to anyone who answers this query!
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Jan 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
    The best thing to do would be to contact your local building code administration. Different municipalities require different code enforcements than others. Unless someone here is actually very familiar with the building codes in your particular area, anyone else's answer may not be of much use to you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 05:34 PM

Didn't you start asking this question about 4 months ago, got plenty of answers over the past few months.
    rrrichard Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 03:56 PM

I ask a similar but different question in the past. The answer to that question led to this question.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 5, 2010, 05:33 PM

Is this what you want to do?
    Attached Images

arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Jan 5, 2010, 06:53 PM

You need a landing a min width same as the door, min depth in direction of travel 36 inch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building Code for Bathtub Access Panel? [ 5 Answers ]

Does there have to be an access panel "cover" -- the actual panel -- for the bathtub, or can that area -- pipes and all, the underneath of the bathtub, etc. -- all be left open? Is there typically a building code about that? Thank you.

Building code in bathrooms [ 1 Answers ]

In Colorado is it required/code to use concrete sheetrock in the bathroom shower area ? We live in a 3 year old home and the builder did not do this in our kids' bathroom and the soap holder came loose because of the wet sheetrock. There is black mold in their shower and the sheetrock and tile will...

Building code requirements [ 2 Answers ]

What are the building code requirements for electrical service (e.g. 100 amp, 200 amp) and when did they come into effect for Ontario and/or Alberta Canada?

Building code door clearance [ 9 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a bathroom, and the sink/vanity will go against the wall adjacent the door, so I'm wondering how close I can legally put it to the door. The image below is my rough layout. Is there code related to how much clearance a door must have? The door opens to the outside, so obviously I'm...

View more questions Search