Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gbfst Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Polish citizen mother of british citizen can I qualify for british passport
    I am a Polish citizen and have been in Britain for several years. My sons father is British and we live as partners. My son has a British birth certificate. Can I apply for a British passport
    tunni56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 12:49 PM
    The law changed few years ago. I am in exactly the same situation. My daughter was 5 years old (last week) was born in London England and has lived here in the UK all her life yet she is NOT (automatically) British. She would be if I was married to her Polish Mum. To gain a British Passport we must apply for British Citizenship. On the other hand my son who's circumstances are exactly the same apart from him being only 3 years old IS Automatically British and has a British Passport. My daughter currently travels on A Polish passport! What a stupid stupid law... Prior to the law changing the child took the mothers nationlity.. Stupid stupid stupid! Oh and it costs hundreds of pounds to become 'British'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am Still an British citizen? [ 1 Answers ]

I was born in England and my family moved to Canada when I was 2 years old. We all became citzens when I was six and I now have a Canadian Passport. I would like to go to england for a few years, how easy is it for me to be able to work there?

Is my son british citizen [ 2 Answers ]

I am greek national and citizen living in uk under the eu laws; my son is born in uk not register in greece and never lived in greece; his birth certificate is register in uk; what nationality is he and is he greek or british citizen.

British citizen with Ecuadorian wife and child & damaged passport. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, hope it is okay to ask two questions in the same thread.. I am a British born UK resident and I have an Ecuadorian wife with an Ecuadorian born daughter. My wife's passport has been water damaged with the UK visa inside and she has to get the passport replaced. She can keep her old passport...

View more questions Search