Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozoDOP2 Posts: 112, Reputation: 0

Jan 3, 2010, 11:54 PM
    I didn't sprain myself and my Knee has a new pop/crack when I bend my knee, why?
    I did nothing to cause it. Suddenly I noticed when I bend my knee( no weight on it: Lift, etc) I feel a POP. I'm 30. Am I getting old or what? Or are my bones week? I have had quadracept injury in that leg before. But I never had a crack in the patella and below like I do now
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 12:10 AM

Q: Lay down on a flat surface. Can you make your heel touch your buttocks?
    cozoDOP2 Posts: 112, Reputation: 0

Jan 4, 2010, 12:19 AM

No I can't.
    Actually from my Quad tendon injury in 2000, ever since I have't been able t o do that. But this crack I ask about doesn't hurt, it just cracks while before this I would never get cracking/popping
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 12:46 AM

I think you have to d some exercises to try to fix that. You als might have problems say sitting in a car or watching a movie for a long time, right?

The exercise has two parts.
    1. While standing pull one knee toward tour buttocks as far as you can. Hold for 10 seconds or so. Repeat about 10x or wtaver is comfortable.

2. For the next exercise, put one foot on a toilet bowl (good height) and push down on the knee. Ditto Hold...

You need to strengthen those muscles. Do it slowly. You can do it anywhere. I was about 6" and something on the other leg. Now I'm about 1" and 0". I need to exercise it more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lateral knee pain; stiffness behind knee [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an active 51 year old tennis player and golfer. I tore my medial meniscus in January and elected to rehab vs surgery. Now 3 months later pain has moved laterally and I'm getting stiffness behind my knee. MRI showed meniscus tear in posterior horn inferior and a small Baker's cyst. Treatment...

My knee [ 1 Answers ]

OK I have a knee problem:( I can't do any spaorts and my doctor can't find anything wrong. My one knee is so sore and hurts really really bad I am on my other leg too much so that knee is starting to hurt:( I found out that it feels better with my knee brace but that only works for a hour then...

Pressure in knee and inability to bend fully [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my knee began aching like it usually does with cold weather and then it started to swell a little and I feel this heavy pressure in my knee whenever I walk or try to bend my leg, it doesn't hurt but almost feels numb and I can feel popping when I bend it. I haven't injured it and I am...

Knee [ 4 Answers ]

My right knee hurts a lot when I run right under the joint and I don't no why I was 16 when it started now I am 17 and it still hurts did I hurt it? Or what did I do I no you can't really tell me anything my doctor told me its OK my acl is strong and all that good stuff but it doesn't tell me why...

View more questions Search