Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john_rock Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 10:28 PM
    Do I have a chance?
    My exgirlfriend broke up with me and since then I have been in complete no contact. Recently I called her a couple of times and I kept the conversation short. When we were talking she was really nice just like when we were dating. Would an ex be that nice if she was not interested?
    Hundalei Posts: 65, Reputation: 4

Jan 3, 2010, 11:19 PM

You never know until you ask. I would suggest a letter or an email telling her that you still have feelings for her, and ask if she feels the same way. If she does she can respond, if she doesn't you likely won't hear from her again & you can know it's time to focus your efforts elsewhere.
    J. Sparks Posts: 69, Reputation: 15

Jan 3, 2010, 11:29 PM

Yes. They can be that nice even if not interested. To keep the peace or test the waters. Like Hundalei said "you will never know until you ask" - I'd go NC again for a while and lay low.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 01:50 AM

Why did you break your NC?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 09:24 AM

What was the reason to call her?
    john_rock Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 09:48 AM

When we dated before I wasn't really a good boyfriend. I learned what my mistakes were and I want to give it another try.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 09:49 AM

Then you are reading way too much into her being nice. I'd rather be nice to someone and get them off the phone quicker, than get them angry and deal with them complaining and screaming at me
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 11:04 AM
    If you want her back, then let her know and see how she feels.

Otherwise, you're just going to over-analyze your conversations which builds false hope.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by john_rock View Post
    My exgirlfriend broke up with me and since then I have been in complete no contact. Recently I called her a couple of times and I kept the conversation short. When we were talking she was really nice just like when we were dating. Would an ex be that nice if she was not interested?
    I think you missed the idea of complete no contact by about 500 miles.

Now you have stepped backwards in your progress and are looking to read into her thoughts. Go back to no contact and read the stickies at the top of there forum, so that you understand what complete non-contact would be.
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

Jan 4, 2010, 12:20 PM

Until you can interact with your ex without any hopes of getting back together, you should remain No Contact. For some people, this only takes a few months; for others it can take years. There are some cases where you can never get back in touch.

Only you know how you feel. You won't get anywhere if you keep letting yourself get roped in over and over. And in this case, she didn't even rope you in! You just put yourself into that situation all on your own! :P

Go back to NC. If she initiates a conversation, be polite or ignore it entirely. Course you won't be listening to us ;) You'll have to find out on your own, just like we all did, hehe.

~ Tee
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 01:39 PM
    She may be friendly but never take you back. Glad you see the error of your ways, and want to change, doubt she believes it, that's on you. Depends on how bad a boyfriend you were, and her reasons for dumping you.

I can only advise you get to the point, and see what she says. There really is not enough details of the break up, for me to hazard a guess about your chances.

I can tell you though, that its better to know for sure where you stand sooner, rather than later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability of 20ml of rainfall when 13ml chance is 87.7% and 16.9ml chance is 40.9% [ 5 Answers ]

Farmers in District D know when to plant and harvest because rainfall follows a particular pattern which repeats itself every seven months. Weather records for this particular area indicate a normal distribution as far as rainfall is concerned. The records further reveal that the chances of at...

I should have done something when I had the chance? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I haven't posted in a while, so hey! Anyway, I have been feeling super insecure about the SAME guy, so recently he's been venturing around where I am, and looks at me often, but than talks to everyone around me, except me... He used to try to instigate conversations with me when he could and...

Is there any chance. [ 3 Answers ]

A chance that the guy you love will love you back?I guess it's not possible.. :confused::confused:

Any chance at all? [ 1 Answers ]

Two incidents during this time have got me worried a little. 1) One time me and boyfriend were rubbing against each other, though were both fully clothed, with at least 3-4 layers of clothing between us. I don't know whether he ejaculated or not, but later I got worried because his penis was...

View more questions Search