Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JenIvan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 09:26 PM
    When in drive car won't move
    I can be driving my car and stop put it in reverse and it won't move. I can then put it in drive and it won't go. If I turn the car off for a little while, it works fine. What is wrong with my car?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 07:48 AM

Check for an out of adjustment or faulty automatic transmission gear position switch:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post258005
    JenIvan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 10:09 PM

Thank You. I have heard rave reviews of your advice. Do you think it will be costly?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 06:29 AM

It shouldn't be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My car won't move at all [ 3 Answers ]

I was driving my 94 ford Taurus when I stopped at a stop sign. Then when I tried to accelerate it wouldn't move At All! Any ideal what's wrong?

After putting car in drive it doesn't move [ 1 Answers ]

After I put my 97 ford taurus into drive it doesn't move unless I rev my motor for a few sec. Reverse gear doesn't work now I changed filter and fluid is at correct level Any suggestions Thanks mark

Sears Riding Mower will not move-drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sears 42 inch model 917-272352 and it has run perfectly until; now. The last I mowed was fine and I put it in the shed. A couple of weeks later I went to run it and it started right up but would not engage in to any drive or gear. I removed the deck to view the drive belt and pulleys and...

Bmw won't move forward when in drive [ 4 Answers ]

My 94 740i was driving fine, up until yesterday. I started her up put it in drive and took my foot off the brake and nothing. If I put my foot all the way down on the gas the car will budge, but just barely. I'm wondering if it's the transmission, or torque or even the brake switch. FYI it reverses...

My car won't move [ 2 Answers ]

My car runs It was low on fluids but I put some more in there Basically I had a car full of phone books, I had the car in park and with the emergency brake on so I went to start up my car and it started fine but when I shifted gears well it didn't shift ,I mean the handle itself was moving, there...

View more questions Search