Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Nov 15, 2006, 05:58 PM
    Experience with induction cooking
    What are your experiences with induction cooking equipment ( hot plate), how well does it cook,( does the temperature get hot for deep frying), does it cook well with castiron enamel, how long you have this kind of equipment and how much did you paid for it... thanks
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 16, 2006, 04:48 PM
    I knew someone who had one of these ranges. Seemed to cook okay. I did a little research on your question, aparently, you can only cook using cast iron, or steel cookware (has to be magnetic) or it won't work wight, so if you have aluminum pans or copper based pots, who knows.

If you want to know what the pro's use, then you'll be cooking with gas. I very seldom see ANY kind of electric heating in a professional sit down type restaurant. A few grocery deli's use some electric equipment, but that's about it.

As far as deep frying. I personally wouldn't deepfry on a hot plate or range eye. To deep fry properly, one needs to maintain a consistance temperature of around 350-375 degrees. Too cool and your food will be oily, too hot and it could catch on fire, smoke, or at least reduce the life of your oil. My advice for deepfrying would be to buy an actuall deep fryer vat. Small ones can be purchased at almost any discount store from $25 on up.
    Deep frying on an open range eye, just uses an infinate switch, which has no real accurate temprature control.

Just my two cents.
    weinbaul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 06:36 AM
    With an induction cooktop you can get a more accurate temperature for what ever you need and they also have a power boost feature where you can do things like boil water faster. Look at the details in this website I found called Induction Cooktops 101 - Are they for me? - it has a lot of info there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Principles of cooking [ 11 Answers ]

I want to start cooking (I will use a microwave). I will follow recipites but I also want to know why things happen, e.g.. What function does fat have in cooking (not talking about fat as the heating medium), what function does sugar have or eggs. Where do I find not just how to make a tasty dish...

Diabetic cooking [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out that I am a diabetic and am trying to cook healthy meals. Does anyone have any recipies for good vegetable dishes. I am trying not to use starchy vegetables. My Doctor said vegetables were free for me to eat so I can have more of them if they are not the starchy kind! Yumm...

Proof by induction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prove the following? for any integer n>=1, {celling of } = (floor of lg n) + 1 thanks for the help

Cooking a turkey [ 2 Answers ]

How long do you cook a turkey? So many minutes per pound??

View more questions Search