Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thebigk727 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2003, 06:24 PM
    ?? Hitting lefty and hitting against lefties.
    I have trouble htting against lefties. I am a left handed batter and I am fine against righties, but against lefties I struggle. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.?
    RBodnar21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2004, 12:50 AM
     ?? Hitting lefty and hitting against lefties.
    I use to have fun hit left handed when there was a lefty on the mound in my younger days. I use to drive the third baseman crazy with all my shots over and around him. If you watch baseball there are two excellent hitters who bat left. Barry Bonds and Todd Helton. Also a really great young lefty is Nick Johnson. But Wade Boggs was an artist with the stick. 90% of the pitchers will throw you a breaking ball away to the lower corner. As an old softball pitcher I would always throw it there with spin away. Go to a batting cage and think the machine is a left hand pitcher and move up on the bat a few inches and loosen the arms. Go with the pitch to left. The pitcher will remember you and start pitching you inside. Then you could easy turn on the ball. Loose hands and never tried to drive the ball. Just make contact. The ball will go far when you easy up on the swing.
    djdirtydog Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebigk727
    I have trouble htting against lefties. I am a left handed batter and i am fine against righties, but against lefties i struggle. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you. ???
    You have trouble batting against lefties because you can't see the ball as well as against righties. Same thing ocurrs with a RH batter and a RH pitcher. If you open your stance up a bit, you will see the ball sooner and will be able to repond faster and will get a better swing at the ball.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Mar 30, 2007, 06:32 AM
    My son told me the same thing just the other day. He his a right hitter and can bat against righties well but when he bats against lefties he can hit really well. Thanks for the info djdirtydog, now he'll be even better!
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 26, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Im a lefty myself, and for what ever reason when leftys come up, I like throwing curves at there head and letting it break away,

My advise is get ride of your fear of getting hit by the ball.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble against lefties. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a lefty batter and I have trouble hitting against lefties. I hit fine against righties, but against lefties I struggle. Do you have any advice??

Help! Sub won't stop hitting... [ 3 Answers ]

I had it hooked up while testing it, and everything was fine. But now it's acting weird. I tried tracing the wiring, but alas, nothing sticking out like a sore thumb. Is this a ground problem? An audio problem? Help please. Thanks.

Help! Sub won't stop hitting... [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install my sub and it won't stop vibrating. I had it hooked up while testing it, and everything was fine. Now if I turn on the headunit, the sub just rapid fires as hard as it can (it's shaking my whole house, and my mom's trying to sleep... ) I tried tracing the wiring, but alas,...

View more questions Search