Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 04:04 PM
    How do I get the "bottom" water pump retainging bolts off my 93 ford taurus?
    I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I need to replace my water pump. I removed the drive belt and took off the four water pump pulley bolts. I am having trouble removing the "bottom" water pump-to-engine retaining bolts. I can't see the "bottom" bolts and can't get any type of wrench to come close to the bolts. I am looking down on the engine. Any solutions?
    eyecue Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jan 2, 2010, 04:06 PM

Put the car on jack stands. Work from the bottom. You will probably be needing 10mm combination wrenches.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 04:53 PM

The "Tricks" in this link should give you several ideas that may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1375861

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced water pump 2003 Ford Taurus, won't turn now [ 3 Answers ]

I just replaced the water pump on my moms Taurus and now the part the belt goes around won't turn. Can anyone tell me why and or what to do?

What is "door panel mounting bolts" [ 1 Answers ]

Original text is here: Step 4 - Removing door panel mounting bolts Locate and remove all door panel mounting bolts and/or screws. Some door panels use plastic push style fasteners. After all door panel fasteners have been removed gently pull up and/or out on the panel and remove it. Remove all...

Can"t understand code from my ford taurus! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I retrieved this code from my car: code 634, manual lever position sensor voltage higher or lower than expected or A/C on. I got the code from a "innova ford OBD 1 digital code reader." What does this code mean?

View more questions Search