Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robjam7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 02:59 PM
    60 notice to vacate, what if not the landlord that gave notice
    I was giving a 60 notice to vacate, but the person that gave me the notice is not the person I have been giving the money to. What can I do??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2010, 03:25 PM

What State? Is the person who gave you the notice an agent for the landlord, a process server, some other category?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2010, 03:35 PM

People can have an agent deliver a notice for them. Why would you think this wouldn't be valid. Did you ask the landlord if its valid?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 03:36 PM

So you got your notice, it is not required that the person you pay give it to you, what is required is that you were given it.

So this will be no defense if you don't move and they take you to court to evict you.

In many states they could have just taped it to your front door

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord gave no notice that she won't renew lease [ 2 Answers ]

This is the 2nd time this year I'm writing regarding a rental problem for my family. ScottGem and LisaB were very helpful the last time. I am again writing for my son and daughter in law. They really seem to have some "bad karma". As of October 1, 2008 they signed a one year lease for a house in...

Can my Landlord legally give me a two week notice to vacate? [ 11 Answers ]

We are currently on a month to month and my landlord has listed the house for a short sale. Over the phone, he offered to reduce the rent significantly in exchange for showing the property to prospective buyers, we could pay him bi-monthly, be able to stay until the close of escrow, and he would...

Is a landlord in NC allowed to issue a notice to vacate without just cause [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently leasing a residential property in NC. I have been leasing the property for approximately 7 months. We initially signed a 6 month lease and in February we signed a 1 yr lease. We received a notice stating the property was scheduled to be sold. When we contacted the landlord they...

Gave landlord 30days notice-now being given a hard time! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am in need of some help and advise. I was in a verbal contract with my landlord- just month to month. Since I moved in on July 7,2008 he has not done anything agreed upon. For example- when I moved in he had his personal belongings all over(they were supposed to be moved out)- I had to move...

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

View more questions Search