Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmimi12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 11:56 PM
    Well to start my natural hair color is dark brown.. but I dyed my hair black 6 mon
    Well to start my natural hair color is dark brown.. but I dyed my hair black 6 months ago.. before that I had always dyed my hair light colors and had highlighted it couple times... I went to the salon yesterday and highlighted my hair.. hoping to change my hair color from really dark back to light... the only problem is that even with the toner my hair was still black.. so I have really light highlights with really dark hair on the bottom and I want to know is there anyway to make the black fade faster.. or anything I can do or buy to make the black hair brown without messing up the highlights?I went in hoping to have it light brown with highlights and came out just with highlights.. please help me!
    SilviaPhd Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Feb 20, 2010, 06:33 PM

Usually when your hair is already dyed light, whatever your natural colour is, and then you make it all black, the black colour fades away after a couple of weeks and if not weeks , then months. However you can always use a number 8 dye that contains ammonia to applied to all hair for about 45 minutes. In this way your highlights will remain as they are (since 8 is a really light blonde) and the rest of your hair will become lighter. Hope it helps I've done it and it worked after 2-3 washes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed dark brown/black hair .want super light blonde again [ 18 Answers ]

I got to vent here... please bear with me... My natural hair color is a medium-dark brown, it is long, about mid-way down my back. I had it platinum blonde for a long time via double-process, then about a year ago my fiancée convinced me to have it done dark brown/black mix because he liked...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

How can I color my black hair into dark brown [ 1 Answers ]

My hair is dark black and I hardly can change it to another color and I never get the color I wish or even the true color of the coloring past I use,, I want to make it semi dark brown can I and how? Thanks

Dyed hair black from dark brown [ 1 Answers ]

Its making me look really pale and I'm not sure I like it, I really want my hair back to dark brown, its giving me a gothic look and I HATE it. I've been reading a few things and people have said prell works? Anyy advice on this from people who have used it on dyed black hair would be very vey...

View more questions Search