Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    divadeniece23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 12:07 PM
    I'm in love with a married man what should I do?
    Well I met him 6 months ago and we've been together since then. He is 33 and I'm 23 when we first started talking he to me he was in a relationship but never told me he was married about a month later I get a call from who I think is his girlfried but she lets me know she is married to him and has been for a few years. But that did not stop anything I never asked him about what she said about them being married I guess I was just scared of the truth anyway as the months past we started getting closer he's giving me anything I ask for the only thing is is that we don't get to spend as much time together as I would like. Now I find myself racking my brains out on what I should do now I've heard someone else state he was married so I finally asked him he told me he was and he asked if I wanted him to stop calling me but I told him no because its to late now because my feelings are involed because now I'm in love with him. He and his wife a having prob but he is still there not wanting to lose a lot of what he has(well that's what he tells me )but I kind of believe him. So what shall I do? Do you think he will ever leave his wife?
    MJ6216 Posts: 115, Reputation: 7

Nov 15, 2006, 12:13 PM
    I Hate To Say It But How Dumb Can You Be... I Mean I Was In This Position As Well But I Didn't Talk To His Wife... but You Did And You Still Want To Pursue This... that Is Called A Home Wrecker And If You Read My Post And Listen To What Everyone Said To Me It Makes Sense. Its In The Relationships Section And It Called my Ex Never Told Me He Was Married... but You Need To Nip This In The But Right Now And Get Rid Of Him
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2006, 12:15 PM
    Be prepared for the answers you are going to get here. Have you read the others about being with married men?

No, he is not going to leave his wife, and if he did what makes you think that he will not cheat on yoy? What do you do? Drop him like this scumbag he is.

I really hope they don't have any children.

He is using you for sex and that is all. Yeah, right, he tells you he loves you, he gives you things. You are basically an unpaid call girl. He calls you and you say come over. He has family obligations and you are put aside.

Give it up, you know this is wrong. You know in your heart of hearts that what you are doing is wrong. How would you feel if you were married to the man you love and find out he is screwing some other girl when he is not in bed with you?

Sorry, that was a little harsh, but probably mild compared to the other answers you will get.
    rachaelicious Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 12:16 PM
    yes, I do think he'll leave his wife, or she'll leave him eventually. However -you don't want to be there when that happens, its going to be very very messy. He's not ready to leave his wife now, and because he's not ready to leave now it means he values her and all that comes with it, such as family, friends, shared finances etc -over you. So you have to move on. I know you don't want to hear that, really I do. But I can only be honest.

this website is great I think so keep using it when the questions are in your head while its finishing.

good luck and be strong
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2006, 12:22 PM
    I can understand how at first you can start dating someone and not know they are married, I myself was guilty of that for a few weeks, but the minute I found out they were married, there is no question of what to do.

First they are cheating on their spouse, so if they will cheat that easy on them, they will on you also

And of course he is not going to leave his wife, he is having his family and fun sex on the side, what more can men that live like dogs want in life.
    Remember when he leaves your bed, where he is going, and think about what he tells her he is doing??

If you want to sleep with married men, at least charge for it, then after 5 years you would have something to show for it.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by divadeniece23
    He and his wife a having prob but he is still there not wanting to lose a lot of what he has(well thats what he tells me )but i kinda believe him. So what shall i do? Do you think he will ever leave his wife?
    So, does this mean he tells you that he and his wife are having problems?

HA!! His way of just playing you for a fool. He is using you, he won't leave his wife.

Are you confusing your feelings of Love for Lust?

Why would you love someone that cheats on his wife, chances are he would do the same to you too if he were with you.

Sorry, but you need to hear the truth.

Walk Away, I'm sure there is someone better for you out there who has the qualities that make a person worth spending your valuable time with.

Take Care and good luck with whatever you decide to do here!
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Just thought,

Could it be that the very fact that he is married is driving you to want him more?

I mean if he were suddenly not married, would the challenge not be there anymore?

Therefore would the situation be different.

Think about it!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 01:31 PM
    He's married. He wants to use you.

IF you ever want to get close to him he MUST be divorced.

I bet $1 million he will never leave his wife.

You will be the mistress only and have to sneak around and lie - wha tI life!!

Many married guys WILL lie cheat and steal to sleep with you - you're being set up for a huge fall.

Women who fall into this dumb position are genrally insecure, low self asteem and need the attention. Go buy a dog or something.

Do not contact this guy until he is 100% divorced and has his own place. It will never happen though. He'll always have some grea tstory why it hasn't.

Only do something you can tell your parents or his wife - then it would be OK.

HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK THE WIFE WOULD FEEL??
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2006, 01:32 PM
    Again - he has ALREADY lied to you - he will lie more. Quite a guy you have there.

He will cheat on his wife - he will eventually cheat on you - no question.

WHY do so many women have a problem with this??

I know, I know - they rely o ntheir feelings too much.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 16, 2006, 06:37 AM
    So what shall I do? Do you think he will ever leave his wife?
    Instead of going through the whole mess of why and whatnot, I'll just answer your questions.
    The thing to do is leave him alone period. The next thing is find out why you fall so hard for the lies he feeds you. And finally learn the difference between fools' GOLD and real GOLD.
    As to whether he will leave his wife? Not voluntarily, She may find out about his cheating ways and give him the boot, but I doubt he leaves on his own. Why should he? He has a life with house and family, and when he gets horny for something different , he has you. His life is perfect. Why would he change anything? I can bet he knows the difference between fools' Gold and real GOLD!!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2006, 11:19 AM
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you already know what to do. If you browsed the responses to the many similar posts here on this subject, you knew what kind of responses you would get. And yet, you posted, so you must be willing to hear it, on some level at least. Please, don't just listen and vacillate. Act on what you know. The sooner you give it up, the sooner you can put yourself back together and find a real relationship.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 16, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Here is what I know of becoming involved with a married man from having done it once. I was very messed up at the time. It took me a long time to see that-- time, hard work in therapy and healing. What I did was wrong, frankly inexcusable, and I have atoned for it as much as is humanly possible but at the time it worked, strangely enough, for how messed up I was. He was messed up too and so was his wife. I don't think you can do stuff like that and not be-- whether you own up to it or not. There was a huge gift in it though. He went back to his wife, from what I know of it, and I hoped for them as much or more healing than what I received. It was the blackest hours of my life from lots of things that had occurred long before I met him, and real life being stranger than fiction-- it was he, the married fellow, who literally got me into the therapy which I credit with saving me from dying of untreated ptsd. He was a combat veteran and knew about ptsd and found for me one of the top teams in the country. His wife was just like me (untreated ptsd) and the day he "left" me, I had a scheduled session with my therapist. She noted that I was strangely all right about it and inquired more because that isn't exactly the "norm" but I claimed I knew what he had done. I told her that since he "saved" me and learned that it actually could be done, he went back to "save" her and I couldn't blame him. He loved her too. She nodded and smiled. And I really was okay. She went on to say it was doubtful that he could save her, but they both may get saved together. I didn't understand that for a looooooooooong time.

And yes, we did love each other.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2006, 04:10 AM
    There is an old saying...

What he will do with you... He will do to you...

Think about it.

Wish you the best.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 17, 2006, 05:42 PM
    What he will do with you... He will do to you...
    He has already done it.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2006, 06:03 PM
    No. He will never leave his wife. He'll string you along for as long as you let him.
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by divadeniece23
    Well I met him 6 months ago and weve been together since then. He is 33 and I'm 23 when we first started talking he to me he was in a relationship but never told me he was married about a month later i get a call from who I think is his girlfried but she lets me know she is married to him and has been for a few years. But that did not stop anything I never asked him about what she said about them being married i guess i was just scared of the truth anyway as the months past we started getting closer hes giving me anything i ask for the only thing is is that we dont get to spend as much time together as i would like. Now i find myself racking my brains out on what i should do now ive heard someone else state he was married so i finally asked him he told me he was and he asked if i wanted him to stop calling me but i told him no because its to late now because my feelings are involed bc now im in love with him. He and his wife a having prob but he is still there not wanting to lose a lot of what he has(well thats what he tells me )but i kinda believe him. So what shall i do? Do you think he will ever leave his wife?
    I know someone who was dating a married man, and he promised he would leave his wife. He never did. This was years ago. So this person was heartbroken but went on with her life-which was the best thing. Then here recently, they hooked up again and told her the same story "he loved her, and he was going to leave his wife. Which he hasn't and has no plan to. He was using her for one thing only! Be smart, get out of it now. Suppose you do get together, you'll always have in the back of your mind is he cheating on you!
    Rocket2000 Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Nov 20, 2006, 01:19 PM
    He will never get divorced.

Sounds like his wife knows, obviously she isn't going to let him go! You will never have a life with him.

There are many more fish in the sea. Dump this loser.

Besides, if he cheats on his wife... he will cheat on you...
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Manny married men WILL lie, cheat and steal to sleep with you. Only thing they want. He could careless about your feelings.

Women like this have very low selfesteem... insecure.
    Hannah_Marie Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 27, 2007, 11:42 PM
    I do not agree with the statement that women involved with married men have low self esteem and are insecure. It is much more complex than that. Have you ever heard a saying "Love is blind?". From my experience, what usually happens is the married dude does whatever it is to make you fall in love with him. And once you are there, it is pretty difficult to let go.
    Kiddybaby Posts: 28, Reputation: 8

Jan 27, 2007, 11:53 PM
    You are allowing this man to have his way with you with no attachment. Do you feel good being the woman on the side? Interesting he can come be with you and release himself on you when and if he feels like it and leave you and go home. It's like a dog who lifts his leg and pees on a tree or whatever things he can find to relieve himself. If he ever does leave his wife the only thing you will ever have to worry about is when he will start cheating on you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Married man [ 21 Answers ]

So I'm seeing a married man, we've been "together" for about a year and a half. He's told me he loves me, and I really believe I love him too. His wife already knows about us, but doesn't have proof. He's not looking to leave his wife because of the divorce and starting all over with a house and...

In love with a married man [ 41 Answers ]

I met this man over twenty years ago and I was already married. He and I worked together during this time and he fell in love with me. I believe I felt the same way, but I was committed to my marriage. He eventually got married, but we never stopped talking and eventually we told each other how...

Seeing a married man [ 40 Answers ]

I've been seeing this married man for several months now. When we first got involved with each other we said that we was'nt going to let any feeling get in our way. Because of his wife and my boyfreind .All of that have changed , I've fallen in love with this man and I now that he have deeply...

I'm in Love with an Married man.. Help! [ 21 Answers ]

I am 19 yeas old and I am in love with a married man.. He is 20 and he has been with his wife for almost 5 year but had been married for 1 year.. He don’t live with his wife, she lives in Panama and he lives here in Canada.. He was going to go back to Panama this year but now he don't want to go...

Married man [ 35 Answers ]

I'm messing with a married man . He tells me everyday he loves me, he calls me everyday. Please tell me do he really loves me.he also, bought me a promise ring for christmas . Tell me what that mean.

View more questions Search