Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pixidance Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 01:24 PM
    Animated movie the cats
    I remember seeing this on Nickelodeon in the 80's or early 90s. It was a full length movie and all the characters were cats. It wasn't high budget animation. The main character was a black cat who was male. I think he was poor. There was, of course, a female interest and I seem to remember her being white. I'm pretty sure he had to rescue her at some point.

There is a point in the film where there are 4 kittens hanging from a tree by their tales and knocking back and forth like the perpetual motion ball toy. At another point in the movie, the black cat is called "Philadelphia Philly" and he can use his tale as a whip.

It's possible that it wasn't an American movie and that it was dubbed. I can't remember much about the plot.

THis movie is not Oliver and Company, Felix the Cat, Cat's Don't Dance, or Gay Purree.
    It's possible it's the movie The Cats, but I can't find any information about that movie. If someone could direct me to a page about the plot or with a movie poster, it would help.

Thanks!
    confuzed1978 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

Jan 15, 2010, 03:43 PM

It sounds a little like "peter no tail in america" or something like that, of course peter had no tail so I guess that's not it
    Ripley78 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 01:54 PM

It sounds like the Aristocats but then the main character wasn't a black cat...
    pixidance Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 06:47 PM

It's totally Peter No Tail! Thank you SO much. I've been looking for the name of this for years! I had no idea it was foreign. No wonder I couldn't find it.
    confuzed1978 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

Jan 28, 2010, 06:46 AM

If you haven't already watch the original peter no tail too. It's great

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of TV Horror Movie with Cats [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for a title of a TV movie I saw in the late 70s or 80s- it was three or four mini story lines involving cats. The story lines were: 1) cats turning on their owner and maid and ate them 2) a cat shrunk the size of its painter owner and then killed the owner 3) a cat manupulates props...

Can't remember movie Title! Children's Animated movie [ 2 Answers ]

All I can remember from this movie is that it was animated and there was a blimp and a parade and something evil sort of like a mysterious cloud I want to say was after the girl (main character) it's not Kiki's Delivery Service (cause that has a blimp 2) but I just can't remember!! Please Help! I'm...

Movie, cats, bird, cartoon, [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so like I watched this movie a couple of... YEARS ago, and I know it wasn't oliver and company, or artistocats, so help, and bear with me OK? At the beginning of the movie, a bird dies, a mother bird, and she has a baby bird, and these cats take care of it, and one song line in the movie was...

Fantasy Animated Movie about boy, title of movie is boy's name. [ 1 Answers ]

I can't really remember any details, so I will be amazed if anyone knows what I'm talking about... All I can remember is that the move is about a young boy, I watched the move on VHS around 1993. The movie is animated and I'm almost positive that the boy's name is the title of the movie. I'm not...

Movie about singing cats [ 1 Answers ]

I can't remember a name of a movie that has an animated singing cat. All I remember is that a red cat gets off a bus in hollywood and stats singing about hollywood.

View more questions Search