Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwhite42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 09:32 AM
    Where can I find roll top desk mechanisms
    I am developing plans for a desk and hutch. I am considering a "roll top" to conceal a space in the hutch. Can roll tops be purchased to fit various spaces?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 11:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite42 View Post
    Can roll tops be purchased to fit various spaces?
    Yes. A quick Google for "tambour doors" yielded many sources, such as Cabinet Parts for wood or Rollok for metal, but they aren't that hard to make consisting of multiple strips of wood with a glued and stapled canvas backing. If the door is large, a commercial model would have the advantage of offering a nice spiral takeup track for the door, and possibly torsion spring assist similar to garage door openers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find an approximate age & value on an ANtique Roll Top Desk? [ 1 Answers ]

We recently bought an antique roll top desk. It has been painted, I think more than once. I am very familiar with restoring wood furniture, and we are just getting ready to begin the process. However, we are not sure of the age on this desk. I have not been able to find a makers mark yet, and was...

How do I unlock a roll top desk - top part? [ 3 Answers ]

Ow do I unlock a roll top desk - top part?

Roll top desk [ 2 Answers ]

Would like to purchase just the top portion of a roll top desk. Does anyone know if this is possible? Love my current desk which is medium to dark oak but need the top part to fit with new organizing and decorating scheme. Thanks. saywhatkat:)

Roll top desk [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently purchased a small roll top desk at an auction. The insert with the cubby holes is not the origianl one and not the same kind of wood as the desk. I'm looking for a site where I can purchase the cubby hole insert. Thanks for your help Craftyone:p

Roll Top Desk [ 2 Answers ]

How does one unlock the drawers? The rolltop lock does not function and the drawers on the left are open. The locking mechanisms are spring loaded hooks that hook over the back of the drawers when they are closed. How do I get the right drawers open?

View more questions Search