Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    status Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 09:21 PM
    U.S. movie lady's apartment is burnt,lost job,no benefits so lives as a bag lady
    I saw this movie on t.v. several years ago. Probably made in the 1960''s. I recalled it was Bette Davis, but can find nothing regarding this film with her starring in it. In the movie she had her own apartment, but it was completely burnt in a fire. She also lost her job & could not claim benefits. The church did not offer any substantial assistance so she was forced to live on the streets where she was befriended by other bag ladies. After some time a relative came looking for her & rescued her from the streets.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2009, 09:48 PM

Pocketful of Miracles (1961)

Could this be the Bette Davis movie? I can't think of any other movie where she plays a bag lady.
    status Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 10:21 PM

I had been told that title also, but it is definitely not correct as I have that movie. I thought it starred Bette Davis, but it may have been another actress. Thank you for your help though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I resume unemployment benefits if I take a seasonal job for 3 months only? [ 5 Answers ]

I began drawing unemployment the middle of June 2009. I'm considering applying for a seasonal job lasting three months only. I know my initial claim will discontinue once beginning a new job. My question is, once I'm laid off from the new job, do I refile a claim and continue drawing from my...

Can a convicted felon who lives in Kentucy get a state job? [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a convinced felon who lives in Kentucky, can you get a job through the state?

Apartment lost rent payment [ 6 Answers ]

I have a long drawn out story Ill try to summarize here. Me and 2 roommates live in an apartment complex. We have been here over a year and a half and pay our rent on time each month. Our lease expires in Feb of 2009. One roommate( lets call her rm A) decided to pay of her portion of the lease in...

Landlord lost my apartment to bank [ 1 Answers ]

I've been offered money to leave my apartment after my landlord lost it how much time do I get and how much money do I get?

View more questions Search