Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viewman2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Credit card purchase date vs card payoff date
    I have made various end of year business purchases with a credit card. Do I get to claim those as expenses for this year (2009), when I used the card? Or if I don't actually pay off the card until the bill comes in January, are they expenses for next year (2010)?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 09:17 PM

Expense them when you buy them. A credit card is revolving credit and just like a loan. And you do it that way every year, not just this one cause you apparently want to count the expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court date over credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a court date over a credit card debt. What is the best way to fight this matter in court? I am not sure what to say. I took that credit card almost five years ago. I have not been able to pay it. I was paying a small amount but then I lost my job and I couldn't continue...

Credit Card debt - trial date 3 July [ 6 Answers ]

My trial is set for tomorrow and the collection attorneys are still calling and leaving messages that they want to file a joint agreement to extend as they need more time to find documentation. I have just received a message from the judges's office saying that the trial set for tomorrow will...

Court Date-Old credit card debt [ 6 Answers ]

I have to appear in court about an old credit card... it was charged off years ago, and I guess these vultures bought the debt or whatever... it's 1900 dollars. What do I need to take with me to court?. pay stubs, credit report?

Court Date for Credit Card Debt [ 2 Answers ]

I'm being assigned to have a court day for the credit cards debt (2004). I'm willing to pay what my original credit limit was. But the creditors are suing me triple the amount that my credit limit was. What should I do? Thank you in advance.

View more questions Search