Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsim17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 10:07 AM
    I am thinking of installing a Natural Gas Williams Monterey Top-Vent Wall Furnace, wi
    I am thinking of installing a Natural Gas Williams Monterey Top-Vent Wall Furnace, with 35,000 BTU
    In my finished basement. I have three heat registers but the temperature in the basement isn't as warm as we would like especially when its below freezing out.
    My question is, since the wall unit requires a vent source, can I tap into my main units vent? Is there a code I need to abide by and what do you think the cost would be to have a HVAC tech do the work? Thank You.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 31, 2009, 12:07 PM
    You need to follow the manufactures install instructions to the letter. If it does not show the setup you want to do then do not do it. Most of those units like you have use specific venting directions and I have never seen one that would allow a common vent like you are talking about doing. CO poisoning can be a major problem when you vary from the factory directions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing wall tiles over top existing wall tiles [ 2 Answers ]

I am renovating a bathroom and want to change the tiles in the shower. I was wondering if I could install the new tiles overtop the existing tiles to avoid destroying the wall and what steps to follow if this can be done. The existing tile is in great shape but not the desired colour.

Carrier Natural Gas Furnace main gas valve will not open every call for heat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Natural Gas Furnace not functioning properly. We have replaced pressure switch, hot surface ignitor, flame sensor and control board. It will cycle 3 to 4 times and then not come back on. Is it possibly a bad coil on gas valve?:rolleyes:

Installing wall hung sink cabinet to hold granite top [ 1 Answers ]

Calling All Cabinet Installers/Bath Remodel Contractors! Am helping my son remodel his teeny bath in a pre-WWII bldg. Have ordered a wall cab 18" deep X 24" wide X 24" high (KraftMaid). Have studied cab specs: 1/8" back panel conceals two 5/8" hanging rails (top/bottom) doweled/glued to 3/4"...

Natural gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

When turning on , the furnace comes on with more of a force now makes a little bang sound, furnace runs the cycle, sometimes the pilot light will go out.

Natural gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a strong pilot light but the main burner isn't coming on... could it be the thermocouple?

View more questions Search