Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joamoore42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 10:39 PM
    My husband is in a nursing home, does he have to respond to a court summons?
    My husband is in a nursing home and cannot respond to a court summons from a debt collector.. what will happen if he doesn't show up?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 04:12 PM
    Notify the court and attach certificate from nursing home, that is is unable to attend at this time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I respond to a court summons [ 2 Answers ]

My tenant was just served papers on my investment property. I have not been served yet and I was told that I need to respond within 20 days. What do I have to do to do it myself and if I have not officially been served yet when does the this whole time thing begin? I am five months behind in the...

A cop enters home uninvited and threatens court summons without offering citation. [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, I held a party in an apartment in the U.S. During this gathering, another group of people illegally trespassed on the roof of the building and threw something off, prompting a bypasser to call the police. The police came to my door, and when I opened it, they physically moved me out of...

How to respond to a to a summons for law suite in Idaho district court [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons for a judgment for payment on work performed by Service Masters for a frozen pipe and water damage on our home. We must respond in a few days 12. ? It states ( An appropriate written response requires compliance with rule 10(a)(1) I looked it up and seems to be the...

Formats of letters to respond to court summons [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone has examples or format of letters on how to respond to a court summons? I have never been served with a summons and I am truly handicapped in this situation. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

View more questions Search