Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lime Jelly Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 11:26 PM
    I lost myself!! HELP
    My mind is racing...

If something is indescribable, but you describe it as indescribable, then are you not describing it? And if that is true, how do we know for sure that black is black and white is white? And how do we know that dogs don't see in colour if we don't see the way a dog sees? And how do we know Kentucky Fried Chicken is truly chicken if they always call it KFC? And if all that is true then how do we truly know if anything is what it appears to be? Am I making any sense? But then again, what makes sense? Wait... I lost myself! :confused:
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 15, 2006, 12:27 AM
    What you have to understand is that you are trying to reason with a flawed system. You are discussing the names of colors. When you see black, you know it is dark. It has a particular shade that is constant. However the name can forever change. We know that dog's don't see in color, because science can prove that they do not have the equipment to be able to see color. KFC is an acroynm, meaning the letters stand for a set of names. And in the case of indescribable being used to describe something, all it means is that there isn't another adjective that can describe what is taken/taking place, and indescribable is used as a broad generalization. I hope all this made sense, and if doesn't I will try and post again.
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Nov 20, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Did Lime Jelly find herself ?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2006, 07:34 PM
    Here's what I know. I know that after 29 years I finally like limes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend of eight months just left me. She said that she is scared that I'm going to leave her and she would rather leave me than me leave her later. But she says she loves me and I honestly love her to I've talked to her and she said she feels horrible and she doesn't know what to do......

Need help I'm lost [ 3 Answers ]

Hi got a problem with my PC I think.the other day my PC shut down and said"dumping memory" and told me the problem was "tcpip.sys page fault in monopaged area" does any one know what that means and how I can fix it as I'm lost

Lost [ 2 Answers ]

I moved and Lost my marriage certificate, Any Ideas whre it could be?:confused:

Lost [ 18 Answers ]

Ok so the first season has just finished in the UK and I'm even more confused than ever!! What on earth is going on ? Is that why it's called LOST as everyone has lost the plot? What's your theory on the whole story? Season 2 starts in the spring, but I can't wait so I'm going to have to...

View more questions Search