Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dunor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Reconnecting a cut fixed pvc pipe
    I must cut a 2 inch pvc fixed drain from the disposal to the trap in order to clear it. How do I reattach it?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 30, 2009, 10:32 AM

I assume your drains are 1 1/2" in size...

Buy 1 1/2" PVC coupling. After you are done with drain cleaning, connect the two pieces with coupling and glue.

Also, you may purchase 1 1/2" slip-on Fernco coupling. This coupling attaches with two s.s. bands.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does older PVC pipe fit with newer PVC pipe [ 6 Answers ]

I need to replace the piping underneath my sink and the union I bought does not thread up with the old existing part. If I use a new 1 1/2" coupling, will it fit snuggly with the old existing 1 1/2" pipe or have the sizes changed over the years. I will have to cut the pipe and install a coupling...

Connecting pvc pipe to cast iron pipe [ 2 Answers ]

How can 3" PVC pipe be connected to 3" no hub cast iron pipe?

Should attic vent pvc pipe be cut off and dripping? [ 9 Answers ]

We noticed a ceiling stain below our attic, so we looked in our attic and saw the pvc pipe coming straight down from the roof then it runs horizontally with the ceiling and then it is cut-off. Just below where it is cut is where the stain is at. Is it normal for the pipe to be cut? Is it normal...

Replace sch 40 pvc to cast iron saddle 4 in pvc pipe broke [ 4 Answers ]

Replace sch 40 pvc into cast iron saddle with lead pvc pipe broke off even with lead packing what is the easiest way to remove pvc and lead to replace it

Combining PVC pipe and ABS pipe.Bad Idea Jeans? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a bathroom and mistakenly did my drainage using pvc pipe. My house had ABS, and we used some of the ABS that we cut out together with the PVC. This was all glued together with PVC primer and cement. I didn't realize that the black pipe was not pvc until tonight when I was...

View more questions Search