Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tchrtonia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Why does my heater make a loud buzzing noise
    When I turn my heater on, it makes a loud buzzing noise. Fan runs and it seems that warm air is coming out. Is it OK to run?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 30, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Sometimes an item called a low voltage transformer will cause a vibration. If that is the case it is OK to operate but if the noise bothers you have it checked by a local HVAC company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower pipes make loud vibrating/humming noise with hot water turned on [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I had my basement renovated recently (this year) and now have a problem with the shower pipes making loud noises. When I turn on the hot water in the shower and let it run for approx 20-30 seconds, a loud noise emerges (reflects a fog horn). I can feel the vibration of the pipes. ...

Heater makes a loud generator noise [ 8 Answers ]

When I turn on my heater it makes a loud noise (sounds like a running generator). The a/c runs fine.

Heater loud noise when shuts down, cold air returns are whistling [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved to a new home that is about 3500 square feet and has a basement. I know part of it, is just getting used to the new sounds. However, our heater, when it shuts off, makes a huge 'BOOM' sound! Is that just the way it goes? Also, after the heater shuts off... the fan must still be...

A/C Loud Buzzing - Blower Motor won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My air handler is making a loud buzzing noise when it attempts to engage. The blower motor will not turn on, although the motor and attached "squirrel cage" appears to turn okay, so I'm guessing the bearings are okay. Is this a capacitor problem, or am I likely to need a new compressor? The unit...

View more questions Search