Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yorkshire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 06:24 AM
    Dvd drawer stuck in open position
    Opened the drawer, took out the dvd and it will not go back in. Just makes a whirring sound like it is trying. Turned power on off-no good. Poushed open/close, not good. Suggestions?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 02:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshire View Post
    Suggestions?
    Most stuck open trays I encounter are due to either the tray being slipped past its stop or out of sync because of rough handling, a broken gear train, or a broken or slipped belt. All usually require removing the drive, disassembling it, and then finding and dealing with the specific problem which usually isn't worth the time investment given the cost of new drives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD drawer stuck open [ 2 Answers ]

Dvd drawer won't open [ 2 Answers ]

I have a JVC DVD player/VCR recorder-player combo that is about 8 years old. On Wednesday night we had a brief power outage so that I had to reset the clock. Last night I went to insert a DVD to play and the drawer would not open. Can you tell me what I can do to open the drawer in simple...

DVD drawer stuck [ 1 Answers ]

DVD drawer won't open. It is stuck with a CD inside

DVD Player - drawer stuck [ 1 Answers ]

The DVD drawer on our dvd player (hooked up to tv) is stuck closed. How do I open it? Thank you

Bush DVD143TV - DVD drawer stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a Bush DVD143TV and the DVD drawer with a DVD in, will not eject. Is there a pinhole to use like a PC? Any help gratefully received. Cheers

View more questions Search