Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Dec 29, 2009, 08:49 PM
    Paying Rent to New Owner from Foreclosure
    Let's say you buy a foreclosure from the bank at the courthouse in Florida. The property has tenants.

How do you collect the rent from them? Do you ask them for a copy of the lease, or does the lease become null and void and they need to sign another.

Or, if you want to evict and provide 90 day notice are you entitled to the rent for the 90 day period?

Anyone have experience with this before.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2009, 08:53 PM

The lease is voided once it is foreclosed.

For the first 30 days you have to accept the rent they were paying. You can require a new lease with a new depoisit, they have to talk to the old landlord about the deposit they paid them.

I would have been there day one or two, introduced myself, told them the terms of the new rental agreement and had a copy of a new lease for them to sign.

If you do evict, yes they have to pay rent for the time they live there, if they refuse to pay rent, you can evict eariler for failure to pay rent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying rent when property in Foreclosure [ 13 Answers ]

If you are a tenant and you have received a notice that your landlord has not been paying the mortgage and the property is in the process of foreclosure, do not stop paying rent and do not immediately move out! The foreclosure process may have begun but that does not terminate your lease. You...

Paying rent during foreclosure proceedings [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know if this tread Paying rent when property in Foreclosure; if these rules apply to Nevada?

Security deposit? Paying rent to finance company after foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I've been paying rent to the finance company after they foreclosed on the landlord, do they inherit the obligation of returning my security deposit instead of the landlord? I'm moving and need to know if I should pay my last months rent, or not? Thanks.

Owner is in foreclosure and demanding rent what are our rights as a lender? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what are our rights as a rentals when the owner is in foreclosure and she never revealed to us we found out accidentally and now she is claiming that its OK and asking for the full rent.

Tenant not paying rent with new owner [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, When I sell a rental property and tenant decides not to pay the rent with new owner, am I in risk for any type of lawsuit by new owner? Thanks in advance, Bo

View more questions Search