Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeG-Btown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 06:48 PM
    GE dryer drum not turning- felt ring destroyed- dryer just hums when you start it?
    GE Model DHDSR46EG6WW
    Serial MR701623A
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2009, 11:41 PM

Probably the bearing #508 failed. GE | Model #DHDSR46EG6WW | ELECTRIC DRYER | SearsPartsDirect.com
    rcaldwell Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2010, 09:56 PM

Sounds like you have a restriction. Check the blower wheel and check for sock or other obstruction. With dryer off, rotate drum by hand - from inside to see if it's binded up. Bearing may be seized. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. If no obstruction then motor is likely bad.
    Rich
    Western Appliance Repair

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore electric dryer won't start; timer clicks but drum doesn't start turning [ 2 Answers ]

I used an ohmeter to check start button, thermal fuse, timer, thermostats and they all check out OK. I'm afraid it's the motor and don't know how to get to it to test with ohmeter.

Kenmore dryer drum stops turning after it runs for a while [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older Kenmore 80 Series dryer. The drum stops turning after it runs for a while (5-10 minutes). It sounds like the motor is still trying to run before a safety switch shuts it off. After I let it rest for a while it starts running again. The belt is still in tact but looks old but has...

Drum not turning on my dryer [ 0 Answers ]

I need some help. The drum on my dryer suddenly stopped turning while drying a load... I have checked the belt on it and it is in tact. The dryer turns on, heats up and the blower blows... I have a Kenmore Electric dryer model #110.60602990. I need help! I'm a single mom and have a mountain of...

Dryer drum not turning, motor trying to turn, shuts off [ 6 Answers ]

Dryer drum stuck not turning. 10 year plus old Whirlpool electric dryer, model LER7646EQ1. Drum is struck, not turning. Motor is humming trying to run, then cuts off.

Dryer Drum not turning [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer model# LEC8858EQ1. The dryer drum has stopped turning. I hear the motor and see the heating element inside glowing, but the drum won't move. I can turn it by hand. Is this a broken belt or gear, or something else? Thanks in advance Howard

View more questions Search